Cyber Space Operator
KBR is a system engineering company operating principally in the Federal Government sector, and headquartered in Houston, Texas with offices Nationwide. KBR offers challenging work, competitive salaries, an incentive bonus program and one of the most competitive health and welfare benefits packages in the region for you and your family.
KBR is seeking energetic candidates to join our team supporting the KBR NTG business unit. This position is located in Fort Belvoir, VA.
The Cyber Space Operator is an integral member of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Mission Assurance/Vulnerability Assessment Team. As such, they assess the survivability of critical U.S. and allied national/theater mission systems, networks, architectures, infrastructures, and assets.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance eligibility required
- Assess communications infrastructure that support installation voice, data, video, radio, electronic security, and industrial control systems/networks
- Identify threats/hazards that could affect the mission's communications architecture and using this data to assess the vulnerability and risk to these assets
- Perform single-point critical node analysis of an installation's telecommunications, other communications systems, and computer networks including supporting infrastructure (security, power, heating-ventilation-air conditioning, fuel, fire protection, etc.). Provide recommendations to remediate or mitigate system vulnerabilities due to terrorist, manmade, and natural incidents
- Evaluate and make recommendations on secure and/or non-secure high-speed digital data transmission, government satellite services, high-frequency radio, long-haul military and commercial radio, telephone, voice frequency circuitry, wireless, facsimile, video, and computer network inter-switch trunks
- Evaluate and make recommendations for DoD installations on achievable means of enhancing the communications networks and/or systems to ensure local distribution networks and supporting off-site commercial facilities have the capacity, survivability, reliability, and security to support the mission
- Review Communication plans, Defense Continuity Plans, and other associated plans and provide feedback to improve the documents
- Prepare Assessment Team Reports based upon vulnerabilities observed during the assessment
- Conduct other assessments defined by the Subject Matter Expert Benchmark matrix
- Possess Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related technical field; operational experience can serve as a substitute for degree requirement
- Possess minimum 3-5 years, or Bachelor's degree and 2 years, operational experience in the military, other Federal Government, or comparable civilian position in Cyberspace operations
- Possess IAT Level II certification as defined and 8570.01-M, or ability to obtain certifications within 180 days of hire
- Previous assessment experience desired
- Possess a thorough understanding of the Department of Defense Information Networks (DoDIN)
- Work experience as a network administrator, IT management/consulting, assessing IT, or installation of IT-related systems
- In-depth knowledge of newest information technology threats
- Understanding of the methodologies used to conduct vulnerability scans
- Knowledge of Information Assurance, Mission Assurance levels associated with DoD IT Systems
- Understanding of the Cyber Protection Conditions
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity practices and threats
- Knowledge of the DoD Risk Management Framework
- Ability to evaluate communications architecture and identify single points of failure
- Knowledge of risk management concepts employed by DoD or Department of Homeland Security
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.