Performs quality assurance and inspection activities to ensure conformity to contractual specifications and maintain acceptable quality container levels and standards for the Marine Corps Prepositioning Program (MCPP).
- • Inspects and conducts re-certification on ISO Freight Containers.
- • Assesses application of methods and procedures to ensure conformance to contract specifications and acceptable quality standards in accordance with MIL STD 3037.
- • Utilizes appropriate publications relative to quality standards, in support of the maintenance and repair activities for specified USMC and USN containers.
- • Interprets quality improvement policies and procedures and ensures compliance and conformance with government specifications and regulations as they relate to quality standards and levels.
- • Utilizes instruments, test equipment, tools, and data from scheduled/unscheduled inspections, records, and reports.
- • Returns quality deficiencies, defects, or failures internally to the respective shop for immediate corrective action.
- • Evaluates and verifies the accuracy of file maintenance in the areas of Container Tracking Database (CTD) and other automated systems.
- • Conducts sampling inspections in accordance with approved plans and procedures.
- • Provides activity and status reports to management.
- • Complies with all MCPP ISO-2015 policies and procedures.
- • Performs other related duties as assigned.
SPECIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS / PREREQUISITIES:
- • Ability to work independently, under minimal guidance and/or instruction.
- • Solid understanding of total quality concepts, practices, and principles.
- • Ability to read, understand, and interpret prints, drawings, and other technical documents that describe systems/processes.
- • Ability to use inspection tools and measuring and test equipment.
- • Working knowledge of Company policies and procedures and quality assurance policies.
- • Working knowledge of logistic support and maintenance activities performed on the MCPP.
- • Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- • Complete the Intermodal Dry Cargo Convention for Safe Containers Re-inspection course.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.