KBR is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Team in our Orange Park, Florida location!
Role and Responsibilities:
- The Technical Writer (TW) will perform technical writing functions for multiple projects including military maintenance, software, hardware technical manuals. The TW will create new and convert legacy technical manuals and training support materials into XML (eXtensible Markup Language) using the S1000D XML specification.
- The TW will use engineering documentation, operator and maintenance manuals, logistics data, and direction from senior TW to create, write, revise, standardize, edit, review and finalize documents.
- The TW will prepare draft material for internal review by subject matter experts and final review by the customer. The TW will utilize NAVAIR Standard IETM Viewer (NSIV), Eagle Publishing System (EPS), Microsoft Office and Oracle products. The TW must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to new information and programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, with at least 4 years of related experience. In lieu of formal education, 12 years of equivalent related experience.
- Experience working with military technical documents related to technical manual development, delivery, and integrated logistics support (MIL STDs, MIL-PRFs, IETMs, TPDRs, etc.) is preferred,
- Naval aviation organizational maintenance experience is a plus.
- XML experience is preferred.
- Must be able to prepare draft material for internal review by subject matter experts and final review by customer.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to adapt to new information and programs.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to research, review, and understand technical information and develop procedural information for technical documentation.
- Knowledge of Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) development procedures using S1000D, and DoD MIL-STDs; Document Type Definitions, and style sheets used to develop product deliverables for all classes of IETMs is a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible work hours during surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
- Travel may be required to support projects; this may involve airline travel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and Oracle products is preferred.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Contract requirements will prevail regarding education and experience.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.