SAIC has an opening for a Space Engineering Solutions Architect in the National Security and Space Sector (NSSS), a fast-growing, dynamic $2.7B line organization.
In this role, you will serve as the technical lead for executing the relevant activities within the solutioning process in support of Business Development, Capture and Proposal teams. You will be expected to provide technical expertise in areas of Space Systems – ranging from system development to customer mission support.
This position will be supported remotely, with the ability to travel up to 25% as needed in support of customer engagements, solution development and proposal efforts.
General responsibilities include the following:
- Identifying, tailoring and integrating technical capabilities and innovations to address customer needs, hot buttons, pain points and requirements to help shape acquisitions, competitively position SAIC and contribute to winning proposals.
- Leveraging domain expertise, the Solutions Architect develops comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and leads the development of a complete and highest rated technical solution and price competitive proposal.
- Identifying technical resource needs to support Pre-B&P and B&P activities
- Coordinating with team member technical leadership and technical contributors on solution development, proposal writing, and estimating
- Leading and contributing to proposal as author and reviewer
- Supporting capture with customer meetings by presenting SAIC's capabilities, services and solutions
- Participating in development of solutions to problems of unusually complex which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation
- Collaborating with technical business units to craft unique solutions to respond to customer challenges that may also serve precedent for future opportunities and decisions.
Planning Solution and Proposal Support
- Lead solution blueprint / discovery sessions and prepare technical approaches (people, process and tools) to meet customer requirements including integrating the solutions of analogous technical functions; such as systems engineering, systems analysis, technology readiness and mission assurance
- Recommend industry best practices that align to federal acquisition policies including each DoD service and/or commercial best practices
- Evaluate and recommend technical solutions to meet client needs
- Define and document business processes, data maps, solution design and workflow and logical processes to meet objectives; design, develop and refine complex graphics
- Identify levels of effort for a given contract bid, assess internal capabilities, identify gaps, and work with teams to interview, onboard, and coach teaming partners to ensure a seamless, integrated solution
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
- Demonstrated expertise developing space-flight hardware, software, and systems for DoD, IC, NASA and/or commercial ventures
- Experience with various aspects of the space systems lifecycle including
- Mission and Systems Engineering
- Component, subsystem, vehicle, and system level analysis, manufacturing, test and verification
- System of system testing and verification
- Systems integration
- Launch vehicle integration
- Launch and Early Orbit checkout
- Mission Operations
- Lifecycle reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.)
- Safety and Mission Assurance
- Knowledge of small satellites and their capabilities
- Understanding of Technical Readiness Level (TRL) and Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL)Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive proposal experience leading or supporting technical solution development
- Ability to travel up to 25% (post-COVID) as needed in support of customer engagements, solution development and proposal efforts
- Solid subject matter expertise with DoD and/or NASA space systems development and lifecycle
- Previous experience supporting Civilian/Federal Agencies, DoD or the Intelligence community
- Demonstrated expertise providing innovative solutions for satellite systems for either ground systems or space vehicle systems
- Preference for experience spanning full satellite system lifecycle to include architecture, design, development, delivery, and operations
- Ground System experience including Telemetry Tracking and Control (TT&C), Mission Planning, Orbit Dynamics, Remote Terminals, Mission Orchestration, and Operations
- Space System experience including bus subsystem design (Guidance Navigation Control (GNC), Structure, Command and Data Handling (CD&H), Thermal, Electrical, etc), payload design, integration, and launch
- Desired experience in large satellite constellation management to include autonomy
- Recognized leader in Digital Engineering (DE)/Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) with demonstrated experience developing DE solutions to support customers and proposals
- Understanding of technology methodologies, best practices, delivery models or frameworks relevant to individuals domain area expertise
- Excellent technical writing and verbal skills with matched capacity to develop creative graphics dense with technical content
- Commitment to personal growth, practice growth, and client success on every project
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.