SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Network Engineer to support the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) contract at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD. The NICS contract provides high quality integrated communications services for secure voice, video and data solutions and services to NASA customers worldwide. This is for NASA’s Mission Network supporting the International Space Station, JWST, Hubble, EOS, as well as most NASA Satellite Missions.
- NASA Mission Network total life-cycle support to include requirements gathering, designing, implementing, and maintaining
- On-call support
- Frequent interaction with customers, operations, and security teams
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well versed in Layer 2 (TDM and Ethernet) technologies.
- Proficient in IPv4 addressing and Variable Length Subnet Masking.
- Proficient in IGP and BGP routing on Cisco and/or Juniper platforms.
- Hands on experience with Cisco and/or Juniper Routers and Switches
- Ability to capture business requirements, and clearly, formulate strategies, design, and operational methodologies.
- Ability to document and present each methodology with minimal supervision.
Desired Skills / Experiences:
• Juniper level JNCIP or Cisco Certification level CCNP
• Knowledgeable of MPLS
• Configuration of network devices using First Hop Redundancy Protocols (HSRP and VRRP)
• A good understanding of IPv6 to include addressing and routing (OSPFv3 and IPv6 BGP).
• Experience with Network Management Systems (NMS) such as Microfocus NA & NNMi , Cisco StealthWatch, and Linux system administration experience
• Experience in QoS implementations on Juniper and Cisco platforms.
• A good understanding of Firewalls
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Less than 10% travel required per year
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.