All ManTech employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Who doesn’t like to win?! Join ManTech’s Enterprise Proposal Operations team and
become of a member of the most respected and successful Proposal Operations team in
the industry. You’ll be a part of a fun and energetic team where your hard work is
valued and recognized. Our team environment goes beyond just the colleague sitting
next to you. We work as a team and we win as a team. As a Senior Proposal Writer,
you’ll work with solution architects and subject matter experts on top priority bids
creating compliant and compelling responses to RFPs. Engage with employees and
management at all levels while expanding your skills for professional growth. If you’re
looking for your next opportunity and are ready for a positive experience, this is an
opportune time to join ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports major ManTech proposal development as a proposal staffing strategist.
- Responsible for confirming designated Key Personnel candidates meet position requirements and developing required staffing matrix in concert with Proposal Task Leads, Proposal Management, Pricing, and corporate proposal support.
- Provides draft and final input to personnel sections of proposal volumes, working with subject matter experts to translate technical information into proposal text in response to RFP requirements.
- Provide writing support to staffing and resume volumes, with activities including interviewing subject matter experts, creating new text, and tailoring existing information to meet RFP requirements.
- Additional activities include participating in proposal color reviews, editing of proposal sections and volumes, understanding and meeting the proposal schedule, working with other proposal and review team members, preparing documentation for formal reviews, and responding to direction from the proposal manager.
- Work collaboratively with other proposal staffing SMEs on the team to deliver fully compliant artifacts on time to support Proposal submission.
- Supports Director of Proposal Writing Team as needed and directed.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or comparable area, and /or three to five years of related Government contracting industry experience.
- Candidate must have demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – especially with Excel as all staffing matrices will be done using this program.
- The candidate must be highly organized and have outstanding writing and editing skills; experience specifically focused on Government proposals is a plus.
- The candidate must have the ability to work to and meet deadlines, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and work as part of a team.
- The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with technical staff to produce quality documents for delivery to a variety of clients.
- Characteristics necessary for success include analytical, presentation, reasoning and problem-solving skills; the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision or feedback; and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with supported staff, managers and peers.
Security Clearance Requirements
- Security Clearance is not required.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.