All ManTech employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Windows System Administrator – Midlevel to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Install and configure Windows operating systems to include Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, Server 2016, and Windows 10 in virtual and physical environment’s
- Familiar with SCCM 2012 and higher Infrastructure
- Configure server and workstation hardware as necessary according to system requirements
- Install and configure required applications via SCCM Environment
- Utilize Microsoft SCCM 2012 to apply Microsoft security patches to Windows servers and workstations
- Familiar with MS SQL Server database troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Hyper V and VMWare Infrastructure
- Building/Supporting DISA STIG requirements based on security policies and procedures
- Utilize McAfee Server to apply anti-virus policies and update definitions
- Create, modify, and delete user accounts and groups in Active Directory
- Troubleshoot server, workstation, and user experience issues and track work with Remedy
- Create and configure virtual machines as necessary
- Experience with NTFS file and share permissions
- Ensure adequate backup for all recovery scenarios
- Planning and implementing patches and Service Packs
- Reviewing logs for errors or potential problem alerts and taking corrective action
- Planning and ensuring redundancy for all critical components
- Maintain Virus protection on all Windows devices
- Maintaining documentation reflecting the current operational environment
- Experience troubleshooting network and domain related issues
- The Windows System Administrator has a minimum of five years’ experience in configuration, security, failover, and optimization of Windows servers
- Ideal candidate is also a quick learner; must be able to adapt to quickly evolving technology and priority changes
- Have a desire to work closely with other members of the IT/development team
- Ability to work on individual tasks, as well as team-oriented tasks
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities
- Ability to work under a cross-matrix management structure
- Some experience with Exchange 2013
- This position supports an IT operations environment. Expect to support work on nights and weekends. Required to be on-call and respond in a timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 5 or more years related professional experience in a technical field.
- Desired Additional Education/Certification
- ITIL v3 certification and experience
- Certifications specific to applications and job functions
- Security +
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSA), including experience with security hardening.
- ITIL Certification
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active DOD Secret clearance and ability to obtain agency suitability clearance
- The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, or to communicate with co-workers, management, and customers, via email, phone, and or virtual communication, which may involve delivering presentation
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.