Engineering Technician V
Engineering Technician V
Service Contract Agreement Position
KBR is seeking to hire an Engineering Technician V in support of U.S. Navy /Air Force CYP CCTV Lifecycle Support Service program. The successful candidate will be tasked with the following:
- Provide preventive and remedial maintenance services on IP-based CCTV systems.
- Diagnose and correct equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Perform function tests and analysis on various systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and cleaning on all CCTV system components.
- Provide on-site system training and technical support as needed.
- Update web-based maintenance management system and provide tracking of government equipment.
- Associate’s Degree in engineering, physics, computer science, information security or other technically oriented curricula.
- Fourteen (14) years of practical experience with Closed Circuit Television and Networked Video Management Systems.
- Eight (8) years of experience, to include: installation of such equipment.
- Four (4) years of experience, to include: design, preparation and modification of engineering documents, and drawings.
- Eight (8) years of experience in Video and Networked Video Management Systems discipline, of which 5 must have been performed within the last 7 years.
- Note: Experience may be concurrent.
- 60% travel is required; candidate must be willing to travel throughout the United States and internationally.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A successful candidate must have a solid history of functioning in a team environment, being a self-starter, working independently with limited instruction, and meeting critical demands.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and to have the ability work in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
- Standard MS Office software product knowledge (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point) is required.
- Special consideration given to candidates with OEM factory training from Genetec, Axis and/or Cisco Switches.
- Special consideration given to candidates with Security+ CE network certification.
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background investigation.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who will be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or who have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR — Delivering Solutions, Changing the World.
KBR brings together the best and brightest to deliver science, technology and engineering solutions that help governments and companies around the world accomplish their most critical missions and objectives.
In everything we do, we are guided by our ONE KBR Values:
- We Value Our People – We create diverse, inclusive environments in which each person can feel safe, respected and valued, and where everyone has opportunities to grow and reach their full potential.
- We Deliver – We are uncompromising in our commitment to deliver innovative, high-quality, technology-led solutions for our customers and exceptional, sustainable value for all our stakeholders.
- We Are People of Integrity – We value honesty, trust, courage, fairness, prudence and tenacity. We believe doing what’s right for the planet, the communities where we work, and our people is good for business.
- We Empower – We empower our people with a shared purpose, the right tools and the supportive culture they need to be proactive decision-makers, to be adaptive to change, and to succeed.
- We Are a Team of Teams – We have a will to succeed, but we value the achievements of our team of teams over individual accomplishments. Our collective focus makes us a better, stronger, more effective company.
We have also embedded environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles in every business operation and corporate function. Not only are we committed to operating safely, sustainably and equitably, but we are also committed to using our capabilities and expertise to help our customers accomplish their sustainability goals.
Worldwide, KBR employs a diverse workforce approximately 29,000 people strong, with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries.
At KBR, We Deliver.
Fraud has infiltrated the job placement market via the internet, email and direct phone contact. Attempts have included unauthorized use of KBR’s name and logo to solicit potential job seekers or to extend false job offers. Bad actors may mix in fake job advertisements with legitimate postings. These ads can include contact instructions and require job seekers to send sensitive personal information or money to pay for visa applications, processing fees, etc., in exchange for consideration for a high-paying position.
KBR will never ask for any sort of advance payment as part of the recruiting/hiring process. Candidate profiles are carefully managed to protect personal information.