SAIC is hiring a Software Systems Test Engineer to join the Army UAS Training Test team located in Huntsville, Alabama (Redstone Arsenal).
This is a multi-disciplined team that covers a wide range of testing scopes, including testing physical and virtual network systems, software applications, and UAS control interfaces. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys variety and switching gears supporting complex systems since this position will be working with multiple operating system types (Windows, Linux, etc.), networking architectures, and across multiple UAS platforms.
- Write test plans and test cases using Microsoft Azure DevOps, design and develop tools for Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment, and produce reports, procedures, guides, and other documentation as required
- Assist in performing system acceptance tests according to test plans and writing and tracking software bugs
- Test for an end user perspective; i.e. verifying and validating that the software works as intended
- Validate system requirements through analysis of physical and virtual networked systems
- Design traceability from test result to requirement
- Particpate in Agile Development Process (SCRUM), daily and weekly meetings required to forecast upcoming tasks, and support Integrated Master Scheduling efforts
- Create and maintain tests that effectively exercise functionality of systems, code, and requirements
- Participate and contribute to document peer reviews
- Conduct Dry Runs, Regression, and Formal Qualification Testing
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Must have an Active Secret Clearance prior to start of employment; must be an US Citizen.
- 5+ years of experience in software systems testing, software development, and software integration
- Must have experience testing a series of applications
- Ability to interact and work closely with the software development team to assist in acceptance criteria and test case review
- Experience working in a software development environment and familiarity with working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.