SAIC is rapidly growing a System Integration team to deliver a new, complex space and ground system in support of National Security. This exciting and innovative program, located in Chantilly VA, is leveraging best practices in system engineering, via Digital Engineering processes and technology, and in Agile software development, via DevSecOps development. This multi-year contract will require energetic engineers to define and integrate major space systems and associated ground elements from concept into an operational enterprise.
SAIC is seeking Test Engineers to develop and oversee Test and Demonstration of a new space system and the associates ground efforts as part of a critical Government program. You will support system engineering and integration activities from concept, to development, integration, and transition to an operational enterprise. You will bring a working knowledge of large space/ground systems integration and test activities, develop test methodologies and execute tests to verify developed capability meets system requirements.
- Identifying verification methodologies for complex space and ground systems, and developing required verification plans, procedures and reports
- Performing Systems Integration of ground segment and space segment in and Agile DEVSECOPS environment
- Ensuring requirement traceability is established and maintained throughout requirement allocation, verification and validation
- Working closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop, review and release specifications and verification plans
- Reviewing specification and Interface Control Documents and requests for changes to determine impacts to verification and testing.
- Developing verification and test event baselines including coordination between ground and space in support of achieving program objectives, user needs and design milestones
- Providing oversight and witnessing of space/ground segment-level test and verification events
- Supporting and reviewing system level verification events
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Experience in space-ground systems architecture and lifecycle support
- Experience executing combined hardware and software testing activities
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Understanding of Software Build process and the CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) environment
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile, and DevSecOps development methodologies.
- Experience DOORS, JIRA and ZEPHYR
- Past participation at the Agile Scrum level for sprint planning
- Past participation in Operational Assessments
- Ability to develop automation scripts
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure or other cloud based environments
- Thorough understanding of space systems design, integration and test requirements and test execution, including test equipment support.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.