We are looking for candidates passionate about craftsmanship, teamwork, and delivering user capability to join SAIC supporting the Air Force weather community on the Technology Application Development & Sustainment (TADS) contract.
Software Engineers will design, develop, and maintain software systems from science to operations within an empowered, cross-functional team.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following characteristics:
• Growth Mindset
• Servant Leadership
• Bachelors and 0 years related experience or Associates with 2 or more years of experience
• Experience with programming languages such as Java, React, Python, C++, FORTRAN
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Theory of Constraints)
• Experience with configuration management tools (Git, Mercurial, ...)
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery concepts and enabling tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ansible
• Familiarity with service based standards such as REST and Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Web Services (OWS)
• Testing tools (e.g. Junit, Selenium, jMeter)
• Code quality tools (e.g. Sonar, Cast)
• Static scanning (e.g. Fortify)
• Must be a US Citizen
• Must be able to obtain a secret clearance
• CompTIA Security+, Network+, CSSLP, or equivalent
• Active Secret Clearance
• Familiarity with 557th Weather Wing
• Familiarity with meteorological data formats like METAR, GriB, GriB2, and NetCDF
• Knowledge of scientific software development techniques, preferably for environmental datasets
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.