Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for a junior systems engineer to perform Modeled Based Systems Engineering in support of the customer’s modernization of their Cryptographic Physical Product processes and infrastructure. This position will be the customer's Linthicum Maryland facility. The selected individuals will provide general SE support to a rapidly growing software development effort to include requirements elicitation, decomposition, documentation, and general SETA support on a team of 15 engineers and specialists. Candidate must be willing and able to work in a wide variety of SE disciplines whenever requested. They must have the ability to learn and adapt, and able to critically analyze various documents above and beyond typical SE Documentation. They will:
- Apply SE principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support and Retirement.
- Interact with Government staff regarding SE technical considerations and for associated problems, issues, and conflicts and proactively communicate with government leads to ensure their needs are being met.
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
- Be responsible for technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables. Will need to be proactive and communicate well with government leads to ensure their needs are being met.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 6 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 10 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Position requires some demonstrated experience in system modeling. Position will work with SysML using Cameo to document a developing IT system.
- System modeling experience.
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- SE Documentation
- Requirements analysis and tracking
- Architecture and design experience, especially at a high level but able to identify internal workings of environments with emphasis on security.
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps development environments
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.