Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for a junior software engineer to perform software and system engineering within the customer’s Critical Networks Defense Cybersecurity Collaboration Center. This position will be at a Ft. Meade area facility. This position will support the Collaboration and Technology Advancement team responsible for supporting Cyber mitigation performance tool updates and development enhancements. It is critical that the selected individual be able to effectively communicate with other government and contract software developers, project leads, and program managers. The software engineer will:
- gathering functional requirements
- migrate Cyber tool to multiple network environments
- support Tool training, and
- draft status reports for leadership.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Seven (7) years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience in web page design, web tools, and C++
- Skilled in the utilization of both Jira and Confluence.
- Knowledge of engineering and executing test procedures for software components
- Experience in Cybersecurity domain is a plus.
- Experience in gathering functional requirements
- Ability to communicate with other government and contract software developers, project leads, and program managers.
- Ability to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.