Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Transport Operational Engineer (Transport OE) to join our team in Stuttgart, Germany.
We support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) providing critical mission support in a globally accessible enterprise information infrastructure directly supporting joint warfighters and national level leaders across the full spectrum of military operations. This Network Operational Engineer role provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense Information Network (DODIN) networks.
Responsibilities may include:
• Development of technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution.
• Perform operational engineering of the DoDIN, providing problem resolution, systems integration, network implementation and testing, quality assurance, and advanced customer support of the Enterprise Transport, Internet Protocol and Service networks.
• Familiarity with the following Transport and encryption equipment manufacturers: Ciena, Infinera/Sycamore, or Cisco MSPP/Optical equipment, SafeNet, General Dynamics.
• Ensure interoperability amongst various transport networks (OTN, SDH (SONET), PDH, WDM, legacy TDM (ATM, Promina), Ethernet), timing and sync, and cryptographic equipment.
• Configuration and troubleshooting of transport technologies, networks, and services.
• Identification and documentation of network errors and solutions.
• Analysis of network and telecommunications alarms live network data to identify potential issues.
• Configuration, testing, installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining network devices such as firewalls, cryptographic devices, and transport devices to optimize performance and ensure the desired survivability and security posture is attained and maintained.
• Providing high level technical support for the design, implementation and integration of network changes and sustainment, upgrades, and backups.
• Provide mentoring, training, education and guidance to junior team members and Tier1.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and less than 2 years of overall related experience. 4+ years of additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
• Must hold DoD-8570 IAT Level II or higher baseline certification (Security+ CE or CCNA Security or equivalent, or higher certification)
• Min 2 years’ experience working with (configuring, troubleshooting, testing, systems design, implementation) transport layer equipment (DWDM, SONET, Ethernet).
• Experience with either service provider or enterprise transport networks using an interface on Ciena, Sycamore, or Cisco.
• Experience troubleshooting and configuring transport networks using the following transport technologies: OTN, SDH (SONET), WDM, legacy TDM (ATM, Promina), Ethernet), PDH, timing and sync, and cryptographic equipment.
• Experience with the engineering, implementation, and troubleshooting of service provider or enterprise networks transport technologies (DWDM, SONET, Ethernet, TDM).
• Familiarity with various physical medium connectors and connections (layer 1), CAT 5/6, Coax, SM/MM Fiber, Serial, and LC/ST/SC/DB.
• Knowledge of BISCI best practices and physical cable plant.
• Proven experience conducting the following: performance management, fault management, configuration management, and risk management.
• Experience with basic routing and OSPF, Layer 2, and Firewalls.
• Crypto configuration, troubleshooting, and design experience.
• Familiar with network encryption devices to include SafeNet NSA Type I and Type III. Experience in one or more of the following Crypto devices: KG-340, KG-175A/D, KIV-7, KIV-19.
• Certifications with major network system vendors such as Ciena and Cisco are a strong plus.
• Must be knowledgeable on the following Network Management Systems: Remedy, HP OpenView, Silvx, Cisco Prime Optical, Netcool, INMS and associated assets.
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills with the ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarization of DOD regulations, and directives.
• Ability to perform on-call duties as required of the program.
Security Clearance: Current Secret or Top Secret clearance with SSBI investigation (Must be U.S. Citizen)
Work location: Stuttgart, Germany (Patch Barracks)
- Daytime (40 hrs/week); Supporting surge requirements as required on an on-call basis.
- All base access privileges
- HOLA/COLA allowances
- DoDDS Schools for dependents
This is a Technical Expert Status Accreditation (TESA) position in Germany.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.