Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is recruiting highly talented engineers with skills and background related to launch vehicle design and operations, including rocket avionics, structures and mechanisms. ManTech is helping the Space Force redefine the future of National Security Space (NSS) launch as the Space Force brings new entrant Launch Service Providers such as SpaceX and new launch vehicles such as United Launch Alliance’s (ULA’s) Vulcan into the Space Force NSS portfolio. We are seeking an experienced and energetic Project Engineer to join our world-class team in El Segundo, CA. This position supports the Space Force Space Systems Command (SSC), Launch Enterprise Directorate (SMC/LE) executing the National Security Space Launch (NSSL) Program ensuring Falcon launch vehicles meet requirements for NSS satellite mission launch services.
Structural Engineering Lead Project Integration Engineer Responsibilities
- Provide systems and technical project engineering support to the U.S. Space Force, Space Systems Command for Recurring and Non-Recurring Design Validation of Falcon family launch vehicles being used to provide launch services for Department of Defense (DoD) National Security Space Launch (NSSL) missions.
- Participate in Falcon Structures system, sub-system, and component design reviews, Working Groups, and various Engineering Review Boards (ERBs) as needed.
- Review completed team products for completeness and acceptance and collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews.
- Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors, Vendors, FFRDC, and Space Force team members.
- Interface with various team members at various levels of all organizations involved and be able to execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare Customer team for, and support rehearsals and launch operations and anomaly resolution, including development of certification and training material.
- Contribute to the evolution of Day of Launch tools and CONOPs.
- Produce integrated technical assessments on current and future launch vehicle and launch pad design, test, manufacturing, and operations.
- Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
- Plan, coordinate, and brief at Chief Engineer Review Boards and other meetings.
- Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Service Providers (LSPs), Launch Sites, and factories.
- Conduct, provide recommendations for, and support launch risk management processes
- Conduct, provide recommendations for, and support launch schedule management
- Occasional CONUS travel is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or bachelor's degree in STEM field.
- 10 years as Structural/Aerospace engineer in relevant fields with at least 3 years of NSSL, Launch/Range, DoD, NASA or industry equivalent launch or space systems project engineering experience. A STEM Field Master’s Degree will be considered equivalent to up to 4 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret / Specialized Compartmented Information (SCI) security clearance (not required to start).
- US Citizenship required.
- Strong background and experience in Aerospace and Launch Vehicles in areas of structures and structural dynamics.
- Demonstrated independence, initiative and dedicated proactive problem solving.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading a small team of engineers and the ability to work cohesively with team members and other teams as needed.
- Sound judgment, effective decision-making, successful collaboration with multiple agencies and personnel.
- Demonstrated competency with MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and collaborative software products such as MS SharePoint-type databases and Information Systems databases.
- Proficient in using Confluence/Jira
- Actively adopts new learning techniques and is proactive in using new tool technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution.
- Demonstrated ability to perform design reviews, pre- and post-test reviews, failure analysis reviews.
- Demonstrated ability preparing and giving written and verbal presentations and reports to senior engineers and management.
- Previous experience working at Space & Missile Systems Center (SMC, now SSC) or other USG agencies, is preferred
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- Previous familiarization and experience with software platforms such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and Slack a plus.
- Prior military or launch vehicle systems experience.
- ?Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.