The Systems Administrator is a crucial part in SAIC’s mission to delivery leading solutions, capabilities, and resources to our customers in National Security, Defense, Federal/Civilian, and other organizations. As a member of the Classified IT Operations teams, you will be responsible for the day-to-day and continuous administration, monitoring, and compliance of classified network(s), systems, and services in accordance with customer-defined frameworks (i.e. RMF/NIST800-171).
You will leverage your communication and engagement skills to collaborate with your teammates, who are also highly skilled Administrators, as well as partners and teammates ranging from Engineers, Support Analysts, Security Assessors, and Program Management stakeholders to ensure availability, performance, and quality of the systems/services you maintain.
As the focal point in the Operational Status and needs of the systems/networks/services you Administer, you will be expected to not only provide regular updates (written and in-person), but effectively team with management and stakeholders to plan and execute on pending needs. A particular attention to detail is required to adhere to controls and schedules, while the ideal candidate is also able to be agile; adapting to ad-hoc requests, offering constructive assistance, and being engaged in their own professional development.
Your ability to effectively manage customer demands and the rigors of providing highly compliant, highly available systems and continuous compliance will result in opportunities to regularly participate in working groups to drive innovation, engage with other SME’s in your field and consult with programs/Administrators to solve emerging challenges.
Job Location: 4801 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly, VA 20151
Experience administrating/engineering management of networked deployments of Windows Server/Workstation and Linux Operating systems
- Experience managing Identity and Authentication solutions including Active Directory (incl. Group Policy Management), PKI, Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Experience implementing and maintaining systems governed under Risk Management Framework (RMF) and NIST 800-53 implementations in secure environments.
- Prior experience reviewing, understanding, and implementing network and security protocols and methods (i.e. 802.1x, DHCP, VLANs, Firewalls, IPSEC/TLS, et al) with familiarity of Cisco and Juniper technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, harden and validate compliance across hardware, software, and application layers implementations to satisfy requirements while maintaining functional/operational performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience working with VMWare hypervisors and architecture and other infrastructures at various levels of convergence (traditional, converged, and hyperconverged).
- Active TS/SCI
- Security+ CE certification (minimum) with ability to obtain CISSP or CASP within six months of employment.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- 5-10 years' experience in Systems Engineering, Administration, or a related role with applicable skills/experience.
- Previous experience designing, deploying, and managing network- and server-based applications and services and processes in Classified, Government, DoD or other similar environments in close conjunction with Compliance/Governance, and Operations teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain, and communicate design artifacts including reference documents, architecture, workbooks, and implementation or administration guides.
- Agile/Scrum: Familiarity with Agile, Kanban, Scrum, how Scrum is done, standard Scrum/Agile ceremonies.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
Skills and Tools Needed:
Opportunities for candidates joining team:
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.