Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
All ManTech employees will need to meet the requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring all covered contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Information Security Engineer to join our team at the Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
Be part of an integrated technical team and provide Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS) support for Army and Joint tactical communications systems.
Job Profile Summary:
- Leads the performance of system administration of specialized CND applications and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore.
- Develops solutions to implement Defense in Depth principles and practices.
- Identifies potential conflicts with implementation of any CND tools within the enterprise and develop recommendations to remediate these conflicts.
- Supports enterprise mitigation efforts based on the specific monitoring and filtering capabilities of existing network defense infrastructure.
- Performs life-cycle configuration management of applications, signatures, rules, filters and configurations of managed network defenses systems.
- Provides subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules and filters for specialized network defense systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy and SIEM systems.
- Develops and documents security engineering guidance, processes, and procedures.
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Provides solutions to a variety of complex technical problems.
- Plans and conducts assignments, generally involving the larger and more important projects or more than one project.
- May be considered a Lead.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience.
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Functioning as a qualified Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II or Computer Network Defense - Auditor (CND-AU) professional
- Focusing on providing network environment (NE) and advanced level Computing Environment (CE) support.
- Understanding intrusion detection, finding and fixing unprotected vulnerabilities, and ensuring remote access points are secured.
- Understanding threats and vulnerabilities to improve system security.
- Collecting data from a variety of Computer Network Defense (CND) tools (including data from approved information assurance (IA) tools to include intrusion detection system alerts, firewall and network traffic logs, and host system logs) to analyze events that occur within the environment.
- Applying analytical skills to this data and verify compliance with relevant non-technical controls, such as physical security and configuration management.
- Performing audit functions for the Agent of the Certification Authority (ACA) or other government Information Assurance (IA) Manager for risk mitigation and reporting to include report generation for certification and accreditation packages or Certification of Net worthiness efforts.
- Performing assessments of systems and networks within the NE or enclave and identify where those systems/networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
- Performing passive evaluations (compliance audits) and active evaluations (penetration tests and/or vulnerability assessments).
- BS in a technical field and 10 or more years of directly related experience.
- Certification: IAT II or CND-AU
- Must be IA trained and certified per the DFAR Supplement and DoD 8570.1-M, Change 3.
- Appropriate IA technical/computing environment certifications.
- Qualified to perform in IA Technical Level II or Computer Network Defense - Auditor (CND-AU) position in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M and the Army IA Training and Certification Best Business Practice of 6 Aug 2010.
- Risk Management Framework (RMF) experience.
- eMASS experience.
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) experience.
- Security Center/Tenable.sc experience.
- Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) experience.
Security Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Secret Security Clearance or higher.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office.
- The person in this position will need to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.