Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a top talent Software Engineer. You will be part of an integrated technical team providing Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) and Post Production Software Support (PPSS) for Army and Joint tactical communications systems. Working in our Software Development environment, you will have the opportunity to merge legacy systems and processes with current technology to provide premier support for the Army’s Tactical Network users.
- Performs system and subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, design implementation, and subsystem and system integration and tests for a system.
- Participates in software requirement review, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness review, and software acceptance review.
- Acts as technical lead for pre-proposal, proposal, and existing program efforts.
- Involvement in business development includes briefing customers on company capabilities.
- Supports program management office in technical role.
- Represents the organization as the prime customer contact on contracts or projects.
- May research the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria, and competitive issues.
- Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters, often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
- May provide technical guidance to lower level software engineers.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience.
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
As a Software Engineer on the TACNET program you will:
- Provide the essential software support for the Tactical network components including the configuration of the hardware devices and virtual machines, testing new software and designing the structure of the network.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, and proposed solution
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing software code and supporting documentation with a focus on performance tuning, improvement, usability, and automation in conjunction with developers and system administrators.
- Solve IT engineering problems or managing the solution of the engineer problems in the functional area assigned.
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Test the Windows and Unix operating system software, networking software and computer hardware.
- Provide support in resolving system / network issues with other teams.
- Ensure long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
- Handle the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software.
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
- Administer, operate, manage, establish, configure, optimize, and monitor enterprise level applications and tools for monitoring management.
- Administer network monitoring capabilities using government-provided monitoring tools (Orion Solarwinds, Microsoft SCOM, NetIQ AppManager) on large classified and unclassified network enterprises.
- Assist the government with planning, setup, deployment, upgrade, maintenance and migration of network monitoring capabilities on large network enterprises.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting alerts/incidents, resolving issues based on mission priorities and working with PMOs / vendors to obtain support as required.
- Support the remediation of network vulnerabilities.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Interim or Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in related field and 7 to 9 years of relevant work experience.
- Requires a Security + CE certification.
- Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, information security / authorization profiles, or system administration of Unix and Windows systems.
- Experience with Windows server systems administration, database management, general networking knowledge, basic understanding of Microsoft SQL and ability to troubleshoot / analyze data using information from multiple sources are required.
- Requires solid technical, communications and collaboration skills.
- Requires solid understanding of large-scale data center and network architectures, monitoring and fault management.
- Operational knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience in writing and performing software test plans / procedures.
- Scripting or coding experience – PowerShell preferred.
- Operational knowledge of Virtual Machine environments.
- Experience with automated testing applications.
- Strong technical documentation skills.
- Good communication and time management.
- Experience with military tactical communications systems is a plus.
- Linux and / or Microsoft computing environment knowledge / expertise.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.