Where applicable, confirmation that you meet customer requirements for facility access which may include proof of vaccination and/or attestation and testing, unless an accommodation has been approved.
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented PTL Geospatial Tracking Specialist III to join our team in the Northern Virginia area.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Level 3 Geospatial Tracking Specialist (GTS3) is a Personnel Tracking and Locating (PTL) professional, having spent at least 1 year as a GTS2 to master the technical and operational aspects of standing watch and passed the Level 3 Geospatial Tracking Specialist exam.
- The GTS3 stands watch at the PTL desk in the DSCC or STOC.
- This consists of employing a complex software and hardware system in order to track the movements of American Diplomatic Missions worldwide.
- Blends the information provided through the PTL system with his/her knowledge of the missions at hand and with other intelligence pertaining to the mission or region in order to have the best possible situational awareness during every shift.
- The GTS3 is responsible for reporting emergency activations and other anomalies to the designated government personnel; analyzing and disseminating intelligence information from various sources; and Employing Geospatial tools to create information products in support of customer requests.
- Considered a subject matter expert by other DS personnel.
- Must maintain a high standard of personal behavior and bearing in order to keep that respect and instill confidence in the PTL program.
- The GTS3 must provide support to Geospatial Tracking Specialists on duty worldwide when they experience technical difficulties.
- GTS3 personnel are also assigned to be ON-CALL for emergency support and must hold themselves to a high standard to meet this responsibility on and off-duty.
- Trains PTL personnel and external personnel on use of PTL tracking devices and PTL tracking software.
- This will also entail training GTS1 and GTS2 co-workers to a higher degree of technical and operational capability.
- The Level 3 Geospatial Tracking Specialist must demonstrate a mastery of technical skills, and provides all levels of technical support for the PTL software, hardware, Crypto, and Satellite communications gear at his/her station.
- Must be able to build out an entire PTL workstation from the factory boxes and can install a full PTL station anywhere in the world.
- The GTS3 must have moderate technical skills (Microsoft products, PC basics, hardware basics); operational, operational support, or emergency management experience; and professional bearing, appearance, and verbal communication skills.
- Requires strong PTL software troubleshooting skills and operations support skills.
- Must possess a mastery of PTL Tracking Devices (nomenclature, setup, troubleshooting); a demonstrated mastery of Department of State Protective Operations; an expert level of experience with satellite technology and cryptographic key loaders; experience with DoD/DOS COPs such as WINTAK, ARES, RAPTOR-X, and GOTHAM; and subject matter expertise with cellular tracking applications such as BMA, HARRIER, NEXGEN, ATAK, ITAK, and VERSA.
- Must have passed the Level 3 Geospatial Tracking Specialist exam.
- Experience with open source intelligence products such as Aide, and ENDRUN are a plus.
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must possess an active Top Secret security clearance with immediate eligibility to be granted access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Required to travel OCONUS for training, surge support, and to provide short term backfill for overseas Geospatial Tracking Specialist positions.
- OCONUS travel may include critical threat locations around the world with austere living conditions.
- Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
- Annual travel estimation is 25%.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75%.
- Recognizes differences between colors, shades and brightness on computer or TV monitors
- Memorizes and recites 6-character strings.
- Communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.