SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC’s Test Engineer will test units, processes, and functions, provide software and business process feedback to developers, and conduct product, integration, security, and user acceptance testing. Tested software includes Free Open-Source Software (FOSS), Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS), Government-Off-The-Shelf (GOTS), and proprietary software. The engineer will create and run manual and automated test scripts, review test plans and coordinate testing with development teams, and ensure that software meets technical, security, and business process requirements.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience in one or more following testing activities:
- Automated testing
- Developing testing programs that address areas such as impacts, software, regression, and usability and implementing those programs
- Transforming test plans into test scripts and executing
- Detecting, reporting, and explaining defects effectively using JIRA
- Writing and maintaining technical documents including user stories, test plans, or test cases
- Performing application, software, and requirements testing
- Capturing user requirements
- Generating software improvement based on user feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Note that years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Working in an Agile development environment
- Using data management systems such as SQL Server or PostgreSQL
- Writing system documentation such as end user guides, privileged user guides, or system release notes
- Automated testing using tools such as Selenium, IBM Rational Functional Tester, Python, or similar
- Using XACTA 360, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, or Nexus
- Working within a Linux environment, i.e. Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, etc.
- Certifications: Amazon Web Service (AWS), International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), and/or similar certifications
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.