SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professional to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
SAIC’s National Intelligence Community (NIC) Business Unit, USG Mission and Information Technology Division is seeking a Data Scientist who will utilize analytic methods and methodological tools (e.g., applied mathematics, probability and statistics, data modeling, etc.), to translate complex and technical findings into narratives and data visualizations. As a Data Scientist, you will apply qualitative and quantitative methods to the analysis of data utilizing various libraries and packages, including ETL tools, data APIs, and data services.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrated experience in one or more of the following data science activities:
- Engaging customers and stakeholders to determine the nature of requirement and analytic problem, and offering IT based recommendations
- Implementing IT methods and data to satisfy requirement
- Developing IT solutions to enable the exploitation of databases and files
- Knowledge of intelligence collection methods, capabilities, and tasking processes
- Utilizing Microsoft Excel for data manipulation, formulas, look ups, and pivot tables
- Translating complex, technical findings into a narrative (e.g., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form
- Developing data visualizations utilizing Tableau
- Utilizing diverse data types and identifying and extracting data from multiple sources
- Conducting statistical, mathematical, geospatial modeling or data-mining analysis
- Identifying, utilizing, and developing methodologies and analytic tools to address new or existing problems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline
- Experience utilizing Python, Natural Language Processing (NLP) packages, such as Spacy, Gensim, and NLTK to analyze or process collections of documents
- Experience maintaining source code and utilizing configuration management systems, such as GitLab
- Experience conducting data query and analysis utilizing rational database and query languages
- Experience utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud service provider (CSP) and their native data science capabilities
- Experience utilizing Agile methodology
- Experience utilizing Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) tools and techniques
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.