SAIC is seeking an Intermediate Engineer to support the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) Weapon System Project Offices in Huntsville, AL. The candidate will work as a technical staff member supporting GMD Fire Control (GFC) engineering, development, test, and delivery activities. The product engineer will also support the GFC system design reviews and coordinate Prime Contractor/Government activities required to develop and deliver capabilities in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering Lifecycle
- Assist the GFC Product Lead in requirements development and verification criteria
- Assist in preparing test/deployment strategies/schedules, and programmatic details of multiple GFC hardware and software development builds/projects
- Review objective evidence and project documentation; define fire control system build content
- Identify and track technical issues/risks and propose mitigations/solutions
- Coordinate GFC product integration with other GFCC products (Fire Control Network/Cybersecurity System, In-Flight Communication System, and Launch Support System), as well as Command Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), MDA Sensors, and other Missile Defense System stakeholders
- Assist the government in the preparation, and execution of After-Action Reviews, System Requirements Reviews, System Design Reviews, Project Status Reviews, test events, Fielding Readiness Reviews, and Operational Readiness Reviews
- Develop and present technical reports and briefings including support to the Engineering Review Boards (ERB), other Stakeholder coordination, and Operational Capacity Baseline (OCB) approval process
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree (Engineering, or related STEM discipline)
- 7+ years of experience
- Experience working together with teams from multiple stakeholders to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Mastery of technical knowledge required to effectively resolve difficult and complex engineering problems for devising unique solutions to meet client requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and in writing) with team members, managers, and clients on difficult and complex issues pertaining to assigned tasks.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- BS in Physics
- Review system algorithms
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative environment composed of Government, Prime Contractor, Support Contractor, and other Government agencies/personnel.
- Confidence to work across a vast organizational structure to effectively communicate complex technical issues.
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and government software engineering preferred.
- Experience in the Missile Defense Agency desired
- Professional work experience in team building and project organization.
- Honesty, superior ethics
- Interpersonal savvy, excellent communication skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Positive Attitude
- Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
- The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.