SAIC is seeking a Value Stream Manager that will facilitate the development of Value Stream mapping within the DES organization and will function as the enterprise-level Value Stream Manager for the DES organization. The value-stream manager is the architect of the value stream, identifying value as defined from the customer's perspective and leading the effort to achieve an ever- shortening value-creating flow. This Value Stream Manager will work directly with DES leadership in its overall management of these identified value streams to improve productivity and business efficiency within DES.
- Assist the government in the identification of the value streams within the organization through value stream mapping
- Assist the government in developing and executing the organizational transformation plan
- Develop the value stream mapping charter
- Conduct value stream mapping
- Assist in determining the future state design for work
- Communicate across the organization to gain information and support, escalate issues, receive feedback and suggestions, provide solutions
- Provide status updates and information across DES leadership
- Coaching, teaching and facilitating across the organization through workshops, classes and one on one training
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree with 12+ years of experience with OR Bachelor's Degree with 20+ years of experience in lieu of a Master's Degree
- Experience in the area of business process engineering, preferably with an emphasis on value stream mapping and management
- Ability to obtain and hold a DOD Secret security clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Competence in the use of Value Stream Management tools
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (Lean/Agile)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- 2+ years of previous release, development or product management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 2+ years as a technical leader of software engineering or computer professionals
- 8+ years of experience in software development, testing, or operations
- Secret Clearance
- Experience in identifying daily management metrics and control charts and conducting fact-based analysis of current state using Value Stream Management Tools
- Experience in missile defense system simulation and modeling
- Experience with DoD and/or MDA acquisition processes
- The anticipated annualized full time target compensation (median) for this position is: $145,000.00.
- Benefits for this position include: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K.
- The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.