SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance.
We are seeking a Product Owner to be part of our customer-facing team to ensure recommended technology and capabilities to meet community IT standards and are consistent with services in use across our customer's space.
A successful candidate in this position will demonstrate an ability for strong customer relationship building; and ability to engage and motivate a team to drive towards a centralized goal. Candidate should also have experience with requirements gathering, agile release management lifecycle, project management and tracking, and quality assurance (QA) practices.
- Daily scheduling, coordinating, and the management of releases for all customer facing external websites.
- Maintain and track development schedule using JIRA and/or Confluence. Decompose customer requests into features. Identify and mitigate risks impacting schedule.
- Work directly with stakeholders to ensure successful translation of requirements into product deliverables.
- Manage customer expectations for all software releases. Define and document acceptance criteria for each story clearly.
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes.
- Conduct release readiness reviews, backlog grooming sessions, release planning events, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go decisions.
- Review test cases against stories’ acceptance criteria.
- Assist in maintaining configuration management of product backlog.
- Actively participate in testing and Q&A sessions. Conduct release readiness reviews, backlog grooming sessions, release planning events, milestone reviews, and Sprint Demos.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience within related field.
- 11-14 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Agile Release Management including planning and/or management of release schedule and activities.
- Applying Agile software practices and/or software development lifecycle.
- Leading teams handling customer feedback requirements, writing user stories and acceptance criteria, and developing capability/tools documentation.
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Agile Certification.
- Working knowledge of quality assurance/testing methodologies.
- Experience working with JIRA applications.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.