Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in Aurora, CO who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure mission success.
SAIC has an immediate need for a Future Operationally Resilient Ground Evolution (FORGE) Systems Integration Engineer with experience analyzing space and ground system architectures and integrating components/subsystems into an effective ground system. We are looking for an innovative, creative, and highly motivated individual to identify, control, maintain, and evolve a ground system requirements baseline, reflecting internal and external systems interfaces and utilizing Model-Based Systems Engineering software. A successful Systems Integration Engineer will possess knowledge and experience with space and ground systems engineering, system concepts of operations, requirements development, and interface management activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interacting with contractor and government leads to ensure that all system performance and interface requirements are consistent across each capability area
- Ensuring all operational, enterprise, program, and interface requirements are appropriately documented and maintained in Model-Based Systems Engineering software and flow to the correct technical interfaces
- Maintaining the technical baseline, including identifying and documenting system specification and interface requirement traceability to sell-off verification and test events
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving system requirements as required in support of systems engineering and integration efforts
- Developing and briefing data packages that provide analysis results to inform the government decision-makers
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the USSF
- 15+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with demonstrated system engineering and integration experience with space development, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA, or NRO programs with a proven delivery record.
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, engineering review boards, and change control boards
- Experience working with Space Force/Air Force/DoD customers across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Missile Warning Mission experience
- Advanced Degree in Science, Engineering or Math
- Experience working with Model-Based Systems Engineering software tools, such as SPARX Enterprise Architect or No Magic CAMEO
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.