SAIC is seeking a talented, highly motivated, and experienced Principal Azure Cloud Engineer for the Cloud Managed Service Provider capability offering of Cloudsend Foundational Services. SAIC is looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about working directly with customers to help adopt new business strategies and embrace cloud technologies at scale that will ensure long-term customer success. This highly motivated and experienced Azure expert will support various programs and strategic initiatives within the company, including internal investment projects (IR&D) and external customer support. The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Cloud Technologies with an emphasis on Azure. Experience implementing, migrating to the Cloud, and solutioning Cloud-based technologies, services, and components within Microsoft Azure is required. The position can be worked anywhere within the U.S. with up to 10% travel annually.
- Management of Azure Partner Center to include but not limited to:
- Establishing reseller relationships
- Creating tenants and subscriptions for customers
- Managing Azure CSP service agreements
- Support the development of compelling features using modern tools and technologies with a focus on building future-proof systems that perform at scale.
- Maintain and deploy critical infrastructure components through Infrastructure-as-Code tooling across multiple tenants and subscriptions.
- Identifies process improvements and opportunities for automation.
- Maintain, monitor, and establish best practices.
- Assist with application migration to the cloud by providing terraform modules or ARM templates
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to Azure
- Azure security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Respond to customer requests promptly
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users and other team members
- Educate and enable customers with tools to successfully manage Azure cloud and IT spend
- Work closely with financial and billing teams on budget, forecast, and expenses reports relating to hosting
Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance on the job
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5) years of related cloud experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related discipline or three (3) years of cloud experience with a Master’s Degree. Additional education may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Two (2) or more years of experience with the following technologies:
- Python, Golang, or any modern scripting language
- One (1) or more years of experience as an Azure CSP Partner supporting customers relationships and provisioning and managing subscriptions
- One (1) or more years of experience providing similar operations and sustainment support for Azure:
- Azure Partner Center
- Azure Cost Management
- Azure MCA
- Azure CSP
- Azure EA AOS-G
- Azure Volume Licensing
- Experience using and leveraging APIs
- In-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of various systems to Azure to include but not limited to:
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Resource Groups
- Azure Security
- Demonstrates verbal skills with subject matter ability to present on all aspects and features of Azure
- Flexible, adaptable, and reliable self-starter
- Experience working on integrated teams requiring high levels of customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in project planning
- Demonstrates written skills documenting design, asset inventory, diagrams, and presentation materials
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- IAT II Certification (or equivalent)
- MCSE or MCTS, Azure certifications (AZ 100, AZ 500, and/or other AZ series exams, 346/7 are bonus), Azure Assessments
- Understanding of monitoring, detection, and compliance tools
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects and toolsets
- Experience in building up a new team
- Experience in other Cloud Providers (AWS, GCP, IBM, OCI)
- Terraform experience
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.