JOB DESCRIPTION: Designs and plans civil engineering projects such as roads, airports, bridges, harbors, dams, irrigation systems, pipelines and power plants. Analyzes maps, blueprints, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and design project. Calculates cost and determines feasibility of project based on analysis of collected data, applying engineering and advanced mathematic principles. Inspects construction site to monitor progress and ensure conformance to engineering specifications. Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software. SCOPE: N/A LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: N/A KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives. Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies. Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules. Establishes and recommends changes to policies, which affect subordinate organization(s). PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops technical solutions to complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. IMPACT: Guides the successful completion of major programs. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives. LIASON: Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
“Note: This job is Full Time, Remote, requires travel and Alaska residence..”
- Support Engineering Services (ES) in the design, installation and renovation of FAA employee housing and life safety shelters in remote areas of Alaska and the continental United States.
- Perform project engineering, including but not limited to site survey, quality control, technical problem solving and field coordination
- Perform assessments of facilities, review assessments performed by others, identify needs, and consolidate multiple needs into groups of similar needs to minimize the number of new project originations per site.
- Coordinate with Systems Support Center (SSC) and Technical Services personnel, National Air Space Implementation Program Managers (NIPMs) and Service Area (SA) Requirements Specialists (RSs) to identify needs, confirm that proposed originations are valid and reflect current needs.
- Coordinate with SA Program Implementation Managers (PIMs) and RSs to resolve potential conflicts between proposed and existing project scopes and schedules.
- Research existing originations in the FAA’s Corporate Work Plan (CWP) tool and coordinate scopes of new Originations to avoid duplication of projects.
- Support program office with strategic planning and execution related matters
- Civil or Construction Engineering Degree (B.S.) from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited institution. Minimum 4 - 8 years of construction related experience as Project Engineer or Resident Engineer. Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and pass FAA security screening for positions of public trust. Public Trust requires US Citizenship or a Green Card and 3 years of residency in the United States.
- Key qualification: Experience with design, implementation and logistical considerations of working in remote areas of Alaska.
- FAA experience or military aviation background highly desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.