SAIC is seeking an Intelligence Watch Analyst to work onsite with our Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) Integrated Operations Division (IOD) Critical Infrastructure (CI) Watch. The customer site for this position is located in Arlington, VA.
Intelligence Watch Analyst – Watch Analysts (WA) are responsible for assigned tasks during their shift. WAs research, analyze, compose, edit and review CI Watch products; and perform initial triage of information on questions, issues, or events involving the nation's physical Critical Infrastructure. WAs are responsible for monitoring unclassified and classified accounts, in accordance with their security clearance for infrastructure-related information, interfacing with sector representatives, responding to initial requests from the sectors or other parts of DHS, and performing initial research for infrastructure-related incidents or request for information from customers. They perform other tasks as needed in support of critical infrastructure response or recovery efforts.
Intelligence Watch Analyst provides operational research, oral, and written communication for CISA Central Watch and Warning Operations during steady state, incident management and support, and in support of special events to maintain and provide senior leadership with operational and situational awareness of the nation’s critical infrastructure. The watch personnel support includes but is not limited to the following:
- Monitor, collect, and evaluate open source information such as social media, network news, websites related to critical infrastructure, official sources for all hazards cyber and physical information that may impact critical infrastructure, incidents involving soft targets, crowded places, and terrorist attacks.
- De-conflict, organize and communicate information in written and verbal manner, which is clear, concise and efficient, to maintain a dynamic, comprehensive understanding of the current status of critical infrastructure as well as the cascading impacts of impacted critical infrastructure.
- Maintain relationships with interagency operations centers, the Sector Specific Agencies as identified in the National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP), Appendix B, and PPD 21, CISA organizational elements, and critical private sector partners, including Sector Coordinating Councils, Government Coordinating Councils, and private sector Information Sharing and Analysis Centers.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of contact databases and provide documentation for all procedures and content management.
- Assist with the content management and maintenance of web-based information on the Homeland Security Information Network (HSIN) Critical Infrastructure (CI) portal.
- Generate reports or products as required and/or at the direction of the Federal CISA Duty Officer, Senior Duty, or Watch leadership.
- Conduct an efficient shift turnover, annotating all reporting completed/in-progress, incidents completed/in-progress, updated requirements, processes and instructions, as well as any other guidance provided by leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline such as Homeland Security or Business and 2 years of experience, or a combination of education and experience (Associate’s Degree with ten (10) years of relevant experience).
- Must have at minimum, an active TS/SCI security clearance with ability to obtain DHS fitness suitability.
- Must be able to work rotating shift. Shifts are the following:
- 6:00 AM - 2:00 PM EST
- 2:00 PM - 10:00 PM EST
- 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM EST
- Personnel must have a minimum of two (2) years of related experience with at least one (1) year of specialized operations center experience.
- Must have knowledge of National Incident Management System (NIMS) structure, emergency management operations and background knowledge of one (1) or more critical infrastructure sectors.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Travel may be required.
- Prior DHS contractor fitness (suitability) authorization determination.
- Prior DHS experience including any DHS components or HQ Directorates, especially CISA.
- Broad expertise in research, analysis, and writing skills and be able to perform triage on questions, issues, or events involving the nation's Critical Infrastructures and Key Resources.
- Experience/expertise in one or more critical infrastructure sectors (as defined by HSPD-7 and the NIPP) and/or emergency management.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.