SAIC is hiring a Regional Tier 2 / Deskside Support Technician to support an HHS program in San Francisco, CA.
The Regional Tier 2 / Deskside Support Technician will provide ongoing support to executives and employees across the enterprise for our customer end user staff in customer locations around San Francisco, CA. The scope of support activities required includes Deskside End User Support, IT Asset Management (ITAM) support (to surplus old equipment), Network Printer support, Surface Hub Support, plus Smarthands LAN Closet Support for users in your assigned region.
In this role you will be a key member of the Tier 2 / Deskside Support Team that resolves, tracks, and manages escalated technical problems within ServiceNow as requested via phone, email and internet chat. You will also contribute to the knowledge base by creating or updating documentation describing issues encountered, resolutions, and work on the development of processes and documentation to improve the ability of the service desk to detect and resolve problems across HHS sites.
• Install, connect to the network, and maintain all computer hardware including PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, data collection devices, and telephones
• Install and maintain computer software on users’ devices such as Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, Antivirus, and Malware protection
• Conduct user training on approved software and hardware
• Provide incident response and client response coordination for hardware and other IT Operations related outages
• Contribute to continual service improvement by assisting with Standard Operations Procedures creation, maintenance and compliance
• Perform routine IT system administration, including health checks and supporting incident resolution
• Perform asset inventory support by identifying and labeling IT equipment according to documented standards, updating inventory control systems to document changes, and sanitizing obsolete equipment prior to surplussing
• On occasion, may perform off-hours maintenance and deployments for system releases and/or provide 24x7 support to maintain service availability for VIP users
• As ownership of problems from any administrator, follow path of escalated contacts to insure the problems are resolved in timely and effective ways to the satisfaction of the administrator
• Support root-cause analysis on escalated issues as required
• Create documentation to assist other departments with further analysis of technical issues
• Create Knowledge Base Documents to assist Level 1 in resolving repetitive issues
• Provide occasional off-hours on-site support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs
Required Skills and Experience:
• H.S. Diploma and 5+ years of relevant experience OR Associates degree and 3+ years of experience.
• Knowledge of networked environments, operating systems (Windows 10), PC and network hardware.
• Active Directory account management implementation and administration.
• M365 use and/or administration experience.
• Must have solid end user troubleshooting skills.
• Must be willing to work effectively within a team environment in a fast-paced support role.
• Must possess excellent communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem- solving skills.
• Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with ServiceNow incident management
• Advanced knowledge of network printing environments
• A+, Net+ certifications
• HDI Certification(s)
Some travel will be required to other sites in driving distance of the regional headquarters being supported.