Stennis Space Center
Project Manager at National Center for Critical Information Processing and Storage (NCCIPS) at STENNIS SPACE CENTER, MS.
Project Management Analyst/ Project Manager (PM) will provide project management support including: creating change requests, engineering work packets, project planning and estimating, project scheduling, project monitoring and performance reporting, and sub-contractor coordination to a medium sized, complex program that is overall responsible for managing the operations/facility of a government data center.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop, update, and maintain individual project schedules, critical path analysis, network logic validation, resource analysis, and project schedule reports. The PM will develop, document, and monitor project plans, communicate status, milestones, and issues to the Program Manager and customer team.
The PMA/PM will also work with other PMs to coordinate sub-contractor responsibilities to ensure contractual requirements are met. This position will manage and deliver projects ranging from low thousands of dollars to projects requiring several millions of dollars. The PMA/PM will be assigned various level of risk projects and will be accountable for the schedule and cost performance of these projects. The PMA/PM will be expected to take on more complicated and risky projects as experience increases.
Work is to be performed on-site at the location listed, with the potential of telecommuting up to 1-day per week.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Applicants may substitute experience in lieu of degree. 4-5 years experience in the areas of project management, business administration, finance, analyst for government projects, or related experience and/or training are preferred.
* Professional proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and a basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Project or related project scheduling software
* Ability to apply existing knowledge and experience to analyze/evaluate data, handle problems of a moderate to diverse scope
* The candidate must be a self-starter, a team player and a team builder.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or related formal project management training/credentials
* Possesses strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a large and varied community of stakeholders.
* Experience with IT data center critical physical infrastructure installation, operations and maintenance
* Experience with Microsoft SharePoint and online content management
* Masters of Business Administration or related business masters education is a plus
* ITIL Foundation Certification or general knowledge of ITIL Processes or standards
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance. Candidate must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for access to classified information and/or facilities PRIOR to their start date.
VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.