Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have a current requirement for a mid-career systems engineer to perform system engineering within the customer’s Technology Insertion Division. This position will be at the customer's Columbia Maryland facility. The selected individuals will provide general SE support to include managing, coordinating, and facilitating the process to seamlessly integrate technology into the Enterprise Architecture.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Experience developing / implementing system engineering processes and procedures.
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience supporting programs and projects within the Intelligence Community.
- Experience in technical program/ project management / project implementation.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, collaborating with others monitoring and preparing outage reports, with the ability to embrace cross-directorate collaboration, and work with/advise others with little or no Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related engineering documentation.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA.
- Experience with MSOffice tools (e.g., MSProject, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Two or more of the following System Engineering skills:
- Analysis of Alternatives,
- Development Planning,
- Systems Integration,
- Systems Implementation,
- Requirements Evaluation,
- Architecture Compatibility,
- Risk Monitoring,
- Process Improvement, and/or
- Performance Management
- Basic Technical Understanding of the following: Cloud Technology, Networks, Security, Storage Devices, Operating Systems, and Software.
Basic understanding of Customer processes (e.g., BM&A, IdeaPOP, Idea Experiment Coordination)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.