District of Columbia
SAIC is looking for a Software Architect who will be responsible for application coding, design, and standards for Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.
This position is able to be fully remote.
· Works independently designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
· May lead a large development team in design of highly complex software systems.
· Acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
· Responsible for project completion. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
· This role will be responsible for mentoring and guiding other more junior technical resources.
· Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience designing and developing new software solutions or major enhancements to existing software.
· Oracle PL/SQL Certified Associate - preferred
· Experience implementing the MVC Development Methodology (Model/View/Controller)
· Experience with developing and managing data models with Computer Associates (CA) Erwin
· Experience designing and developing solutions with Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) in an Agile Software Development environment
· Technical proficiency with developing database queries, batch jobs, and stored procedures with Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL) and Not Only SQL (NoSQL)
· Experience developing solutions using Message Services, including management of Apache ActiveMQ
· Experience with DevOps pipeline tools including configuration management, requirements (e.g., JIRA), automated testing, and deployment
· Experience developing applications with responsive web design frameworks to support multiple platforms including compatibility with Chrome, Internet Explorer, Java, and iOS
· Experience with all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation.