Are you interested in joining SAIC to be part of our partnership providing high quality engineering advisory services, system planning, integration, and architecture to our government intelligence agency customer? Then consider joining the members of the Enterprise Systems Engineering and Architecture team as they aid our customer in collaborating, integrating, and standardizing the engineering approach across the customers enterprise.
We have on-going requirements for a Mid-Career (10 to 14 years of experience) Systems Engineer to support various organizations throughout our government Intelligence Agency customer’s enterprise in their Fort Meade, Annapolis Junction, Columbia, Laurel, and Linthicum Maryland facilities. These systems engineers will provide support to government engineering planning and execution functions as part of an integrated government, contractor team. They will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. systems engineer will work within the assigned government organization to provide systems engineering support, decision support, and engineering and other technical throughout a supported system’s life cycle phases. Depending on the specific work role on the contract the systems engineer may perform a range of systems engineering functions to include:
- Concept of operations formulation, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures,
- Requirements definition, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis, test planning, test monitoring
- Lifecycle cost analysis estimation, timeline analysis, schedule and budget analysis
- Software development planning and systems integration planning
- Transition and decommissioning planning and coordination support,
- Decision analysis and detail trade studies,
- Physical configuration analysis (PCA)
- Functional analysis
- Must have TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related discipline plus at least 10 years of systems engineering experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 14 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Must be able to works under only general direction and should be able to independently determines and develops approach to solutions with work being reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Should demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- This is a full-time position requiring 1880 hours of support per year.
Individual Capabilities/Experience desired but not required:
- General knowledge of Signals Intelligence processes and systems and/or Cyber processes and systems strongly desired.
- Many positions require familiarity with enterprise information technology relevant software technology such as cloud technologies, digital streaming analytics, modern user interface development and design and trends,
- Familiarity with network security accreditation may be required for some positions.
- Experience providing systems engineering support to software development, hardware and software integration may be required for some positions
- Individuals with experience in creation and/or technical review of Unified Architectural Framework (UAF) of the predecessor Department of Defense (DoD) Architecture Framework (DoDAF) models and artifacts are always in demand. Candidates with experience using Cameo or IBM Systems Architect are especially in demand.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.