Walgreens Integrations Center of Expertise (ICE) is seeking a Sr. Technology Integrations solution Architect to lead the integration space towards digital transformation.
This role is accountable in defining, developing and socializing the solution for both tactical and target architecture. Architects at WBA work at enterprise-wide level with stakeholders, identifying where technology can support the business and defining the technology roadmap for their function within One-IT. The core business domain this role is expected to focus on is with global data services for our Digital transformation for Digital and Pharmacy platforms in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment.
The role is expected to be a highly skilled technical resource who is an innovative thinker and is able to envision how technology can be leveraged to solve complex business problems in the integrations space, leveraging defined integration patterns and standards. This role involves either leading a team and/or working largely on own initiative and provide enterprise solutions They will work closely with Enterprise Architecture technical council on patterns and technology stacks.
- Possession of fundamental skills of a solution architect with ability to inquire and resolve vague requirements
- Ability to analyze existing systems through an interview process with technology SMEs to develop a complete end-to-end Current State Architecture to drive and define the Future State Architecture.
- Takes a holistic view and communicate to others to be able to understand the enterprise view to ensure coherence of all aspects of the project as an integrated system.
- Perform gap analysis between current state and the future state architecture to identify single points of failure, capabilities, capacity, fault tolerance, hours of operation (SLA), change windows.
- Strong verbal and written communication with proven skills in facilitating the design sessions.
- Able to influence, conceptualize, visualize and communicate the target architecture.
- Able to communicate complex technical or architecture concepts in a simple manner and can adapt to different audiences
- Ability to work independently and industry architecture best practices, guidelines, standards, principles, and patterns while working with infrastructure and technology project teams
- Ability to document end-to-end application transaction flows through the enterprise
- Ability to document the technology architecture decision process, and if required develop relevant templates.
- Resolve conflicts within infrastructure and application teams, business units and other architects.
- Identify opportunities to cut cost without sacrificing the overall business goals.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of solution architecture alternatives / options.
- Knowledge of all architecture capabilities that are deemed necessary for of an Enterprise Technical Architecture.
- Ensure design governance.
- Adhere to Company Enterprise Architecture methods and tools.
- Must Have: Working knowledge and demonstrated skills in enterprise API and Azure or Google or Amazon cloud technology, CICD DevOps, but not limited to Kafka, Qlik, NoSQL DB, ADLS, ADF.
- Preferred Proficiency in Big data solutions such as Hadoop/HDFS, NoSQL databases and tools such as HIVE, PIG, Crunch and others.
• Creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT/Engineering organization. Participates in the definition of IT/Engineering architecture to ensure that the IT/Engineering organization’s solutions are built within a consistent framework.
• Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions.
• Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software development engineering personnel on a range of software design issues.
• Implements and improves core software infrastructure. Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical operations and technology innovation.
• Participates in developing technical / business approaches and new or enhanced technical resources.
• Shares complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
• May perform systems and applications performance characterization and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.