This role performs and implements activities that impacts components/processes of specified functional areas of the Walgreens business software products OR Digital/Online application in an Agile environment. Work is typically received in short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures that provide desired functionality to digital solutions, products and programs, typically for intermediary, basic to complex systems. Implements activities that impact entry to mid-level components of the functional area
- Writes code that meets specifications. Develops software applications and tools.
- Completes programming and performs testing and debugging applications
- Develops software applications and tools using Agile development methodologies.
- Participates actively in the design, architecture and build phases, to aim at producing high quality deliverables, working with existing architects where appropriate.
- Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features. Develops professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Creates productive internal/external working relationships.
- Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Usually works with some supervision, conferring with higher-ups on unusual or complex matters
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of the professional function.
- Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur. Has working knowledge of programming languages important to the organization.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Acts as individual contributor as well as team member
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships.
- Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field experience OR High School/ GED and at least 4 years of Engineering, Software Engineering or similar field experience
- Experience writing code for applications or automation
- Experience with programming languages for online applications, microservices, APIs or mobile applications
- Experience building, testing applications or automation
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience creating coding solutions to fix moderate problems/issues
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (domestically and/or internationally).
Knowledge of web and/or mobile apps
Kubernetes/AKS containerized apps
Coding knowledge/experience Java (for example)
Scripting experience (shell script, Perl, Python)
Able to learn new skills independently
Demonstrated ability with cloud-based apps
Experience with apps in the cloud (azure preferred, but alternately AWS, Google Cloud or other)
Experience with performance engineering and testing
Proficiency with testing and monitoring tools- Artillary, Jmeter, Dynatrace. (Or similar tools)
Test automation experience
Knowledge of basic networking concepts
Knowledge of database concepts (SQL and/or NoSQL database)
Knowledge of diagnosing performance issues and identifying solutions