Responsible for build, configuration, testing, and management of the organization's Cloud information security architecture (Azure). Actively participates in the project engineering activities that impact important components processes of the IT work function.
- Execution of or oversight on deployment operations to monitor and improve on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluate and execute new security technologies and best practices into the company’s Cloud offerings
- Employ cloud-based APIs when suitable to write network/system level tools for safeguarding cloud environments
- Responsible for automating security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Evaluate the design methods for security architectures in cloud systems, determine feasibility of deployment and mitigation for unemployable models.
- Partake in efforts that shape the organization’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Development of protocols to support established standards.
- Improving operation and monitoring of advanced or complex features.
- Development of processes and interface requirements.
- Data development and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify problematic relationships. Anticipates, prevents and eliminates problems and creates efficient fixes. Facilitates elimination of problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Works cross-functionally to accomplish assignments. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Responsible for configuration, testing, and management of the organization's information security architecture
- Designs, builds, operates and automates security solutions and processes to protect the integrity of the organization's networks, systems, applications and data
- Works as a team member on problems of moderate scope, complexity, or diversity
- May lead small projects and typically works on assignments of small to moderate scope in multiple technology platforms/business areas
- Responsible for policy development, installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of network and security products such as firewalls, virtual private networks, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, vulnerability scanning systems, router, and switches
- Conducts security process administration including remediating vulnerabilities. May evaluate and approve firewall requests and VPN access
- Recommends and implements solutions
- Eradicates signs of intrusion. Participates in identifying and implementing additional security controls
- Continually evaluates and upgrades security features
- Responds to incidents to identify root causes
- Works with internal technology groups, development teams and partners to develop, implement, maintain and monitor security policies and procedures
- Manages encryption protocols to protect the organization's data as well as management of authentication and access controls
- Evaluates information security configurations when intrusions have occurred and monitors the effectiveness of implemented changes
- Monitors overall compliance with security standards and conducts periodic security audits using techniques such as ethical hacking and penetration testing
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Performs network security audits and testing and evaluates system security configurations to ensure efficacy and compliance with policies and procedures
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at . Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 years of experience or High School/GED and at least 4 years of experience in IT Industry
- Knowledge of security protocols and standards, vulnerability assessment tools, packet analyzers, scripting languages and security management suites, penetration testing tools and countermeasures and mitigation techniques applied to web applications
- Experience with security engineering, identity engineering security applications engineering and/or security infrastructure engineering
- Willing to travel up to/at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. In Colorado, an employee in this position can expect a salary/hourly rate between $76,300.00 and $105,000.00 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable depending on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. To review benefits, please click here jobs.walgreens.com/benefits .Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the positions, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-866-967-5492.
- Strong familiarity with Linux and Windows operating systems and cloud provider ecosystems like Microsoft Azure.
- Practical knowledge of Azure foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies
- Scripting and services programming experiecne (Azure Yaml, Python, Docker, etc.)
- Capability designing highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- DevOps know-how building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity using Microsoft Cloud Services (Azure Security Center, Log Analytics, PowerShell, Azure Secure Gateway )
- Certification: It is important that applicants for the cloud security engineer position have CISSP or equivalent security-related industry certifications. Preferably having the Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500 Certification).
- Communication skills: In executing their duties, cloud security engineers must communicate with various audiences, including business leaders, engineers, clients, and team members. It is important that they have great verbal communication skills to convey information to the relevant audience. They also require exceptional written communication skills, documentation and reporting
- Teamwork abilities: The Cloud Security Engineer is expected to work with various multi-disciplinary teams, so it is vital that they are team-oriented individuals with priority on the successful completion of group goals
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills: It is also essential that applicants have the necessary technical skills to constantly monitor systems to identify threats and vulnerability, execute security architecture, and ensure there are no external threats.