As Cloud Engineer III, you will work some of the smartest minds in the industry to build Cloud foundations at scale. You will enable other parts of the organization to build solutions for customers. You will work with Architects, Security experts and software engineers to translate requirements into components and APIs that can operate at scale. You will create reusable cloud components with Walgreens standards while providing best developer experience. You will enable AI/ML solution and drive conscious adoption in the cloud. You will coach other members and leaders in the organization about cloud and its features to help them adopt and accelerate new product development.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans About Walgreens Boots AllianceWalgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.More company information is available at www.walgreensbootsalliance.com.Basic Qualifications
- Develops and executes operational activities that impact multiple components / processes of the Technology work function, and may include responsibilities, such as:
- Development and execution of deployment operations for large, complex pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
- Evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features.
- Development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Improving and monitoring of highly complex features.
- Development of complex processes and interface requirements.
- Interpreting results and analyzing trends.
- Data development in complex areas of specialization and definition of acceptance criteria.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. May develop the technical “vision” and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Ensures that defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar
- OR High school / GED and at least 6 years of experience in a technical engineering role, such as software development, release management, deployment engineering, site operations, technical operations or similar.
- Experience in Technology infrastructure, such as Network, Monitoring, Systems, Databases, etc.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 1 year of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
• Experience identifying the relationship of bugs to software code
• Experience in building in Azure using ARM templates and ADO pipelines while complying with static code analysis tools like Sonarcube and security scanners like Nessus. Experience with CI/CD tools, preferably Azure DevOps
• Infrastructure as Code (IaC) experience - scripting and automation via AZ CLI/PowerShell, Bash, Bicep, JSON templates etc.
• Deep experience in building Kubernetes environment in Azure . Kube in hybrid/multi cloud environment is a moderate plus.
• Logical thinking, troubleshooting, presentation, and communication skills with strong drive for results
• Experience developing design specifications, test plans and protocols
• Prior experience in building Linux servers at scale. Enabling DevOps in IaaS is a plus.
• Knowledge of basic Technologies such as Firewalls, Load balancing, REST API, MPLS, Databases etc.
• Knowledge of basic Technology concepts Routing, Backups, NAT, Business continuity or Disaster recovery , Multi AZ/ multi region architecture
• Experience mentoring less experienced team members.