Writes code and scripts, and configures cloud resource components that provide desired functionality to build and implement a Customer Data Platform solution in an Azure Cloud environment. Implements activities that influence important components / processes of the functional area. Work is received short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings that require a comprehensive understanding of the organization's customer data, coding languages, tools and regularly require the application of independent judgment.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally influence important components / processes of the on-line technology function, including but not limited to writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for large, complex or leading edge sites, products and programs and developing software applications and tools.
- Maintains and supports existing, and develops web-based applications and tools.
- Contributes to software design.
- Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Develops web-based prototypes and protocols to support established standards.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- May assist in incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team.
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers’ and patients’ needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more than 21,000 stores.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to responsible business.
WBA is included in FORTUNE’s 2021 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience application development and maintenance OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of application development experience
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics
- Experience working with Agile
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with rapid software development practices.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with coding languages, such as Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Knowledge of technologies such as JSON, XML, Databricks, and Master Data Management.
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server