Responsible for the day-to-day function of the team at a Centralized Services facility. In charge of training, coaching and providing feedback and recognition to team members and keeps management informed of issues. Supervises departmental work activities, staffing, and scheduling to achieve business objectives. Maintains and improves performance of department through building team member morale, motivating team members, and using constructive coaching/discipline policies of the organization.
Programs that can save you money:
Health and insurance coverage:
- Childcare discounts
- Employee Discount program
- PerkSpot: Discount purchase program offers savings on goods and services from thousands of national and local retailers and service providers.
Supporting your well-being:
- FSA & HSA
- Dental coverage
- Vision coverage
- Life and personal accident insurance
- Disability coverage
- Well-being resources
- Free Prescription Savings Club
- Weight Management discounts
- Free flu shots
- Paid time off benefits (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave (PPL) Program
- Walgreens Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local pharmacy laws, as well as company and facility policies. Oversees necessary security protocols to ensure protection of patient privacy in line with the company’s HIPAA guidelines. Responsible for maintaining all records and following the laws and regulations regarding the pharmacy practice. Reviews pharmacist licensure and pharmacy technician registration status and renewals.
- Serves as the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) as required by facility. Maintains Pharmacy Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy.
- Responsible for leadership duties such as conducting one-on-one and/or team meetings, time and attendance tracking, providing feedback to employees, employee scheduling, writing and delivering performance reviews, counseling, interviewing, developing employees, and performance improvement plans.
- Responsible for managing daily operations of designated team and the supervision of team members. Ensures processing of work orders and adherence with established quality and deadline requirements.
- Maintains records of customer interactions, records details, complaints, comments, and action taken. Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results and planned adjustments. Resolves escalated issues.
- Responsible for facilitating continuous improvement to reach team goals. Looks for ways to improve current processes with enhancements and ideas. Identifies areas where additional development is required and makes recommendations to management on how to achieve necessary results.
- Completes continuing education credits towards pharmacy licensure to maintain current status.
- Acts as an agent of the company by projecting a positive attitude, enthusiasm, team spirit and integrity in order to motivate the team, creating a positive work environment, and reaching and exceeding department goals.