Provides coordination support for the planning, strategy and systemization of purchasing operations. Communicates with facilities personnel, other Company departments, and outside representatives to resolve issues and discrepancies regarding reports, shipping, scheduling, and any other problems or questions that arise. Expedites and tracks purchase orders status to ensure proper shipping, scheduling, and receipt of orders to facilities. Follows through with the appropriate departments to ensure adequate inventory levels and cost savings to the Company.
- Performs general administrative tasks, to include, but not limited to: sorting and routing mail, printing and running reports, organizing supply drawers, organizing and creating systems for office files, document preparation (e.g. scanning, organizing, printing, copying), sending out items to be imaged, maintaining and answering questions regarding management schedules, and greeting visitors.
- Responds to questions from new and existing vendors, stores, customers, and other department personnel regarding error corrections, category items and inventory, meetings, ad requests, resets/revisions and other related questions.
- Provides department support on various projects and related tasks, to include, creating PowerPoint slides, formatting and creating Excel files, responding to legal contract review requests, tracking ad type/items over multiple ad dates, conducting comparison shops, tracking hot inventory, setting planograms, reviewing printed and set planograms for accuracy.
- Assumes responsibilities for other Merchandising Assistants within the department when unavailable.
- Creates, enters and updates purchasing related information (e.g. seals, call-ins, P.O.’s, DLs, ASTDs, re-class requests, etc.) using various systems (e.g. Decision Web, ADR7, Walnet, AIS On-line, etc.).
- Reviews and researches information contained in purchasing related reports (e.g. overlapping deals, scan verification, discontinued DC inventory, divisional ad bulletins, 1506 claims, cost changes, aged and unapproved deals, GP Summary, customer complaints, SDD item vendor conflict report, etc.) To verify information, find errors, and make recommendations on inventory and money disbursement.
- Maintains processes on items, deals, reset/revision, spreadsheets, vendor information, requests, filing, artwork, ad planning, and new items.
- Trains new Merchandising Assistants on job functions, as needed.