SAIC is seeking remote Full Stack Liferay Developer to serve on a team supporting our customer, the U.S. Army Human Resources Command at Fort Knox, KY. The Liferay developer will be a part of a close team that is maintaining, enhancing and upgrading the primary framework for the accessioning applications and services, in an enterprise environment. As part of team, you will participate in design, development, threat modeling and cybersecurity and fielding of Liferay IKROme and related software and interfacing applications and services.
NOTE: This position is a fully remote / work from home position.
- Maintain, update, and upgrade the Liferay IKROme application, coordinate database changes to streamline application performance
- Provide indexing solutions such as Solr with Zookeeper, ElasticSearch in cluster configuration
- Design and develop three-tier architecture applications with J2EE technology
- Responsible for coordination with enterprise interface team and assisting with implementation and maintenance
- Prepares technical specifications and detailed component architecture, threat models and configuration guides, as necessary
- Deploys upgrades and patches, as applicable
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of Liferay applications with applications in the Army portfolio
- Designs, writes, and maintains tests, queries, and purge activities, as applicable
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more development experience; experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience in open source portal Liferay 7.x
- Experience with J2EE technology (Java, JSP, Servlets, OSGI, BND, Apache AXIS/CXF, JDBC, JNDI, JTA, JSTL, XML/XSL, JavaMail, DTO, DAO, JMS, MDB, MQ Series, LDAP and Web services)
- Familiar with build tools (Maven, Gradle, ANT)
- Experience in developing applications using various databases such as Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, MySql, and SQL Server 7.0/2008, Sybase
- Experience writing unit tests with tools like JUnit, Mockito and PowerMockito
- Must be CompTIA Security+ certified prior to start date
- Must be able to obtain a full Secret Clearance; Interim Secret required prior to start, SAIC will help to obtain
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.