Marina Outboard Motor Mechanic
Barber Marina is a world-class marina located on the Intracoastal Waterway at Day Marker 74, just north of the City of Orange Beach, Alabama
Repair, service, and operate outboard marine engines, vessels, and trailers. Inspect and identify any malfunctions. Requires excellent technical skills and troubleshooting abilities. Conduct repairs of vessel engines and electrical systems using various hand tools. Ability to analyze, research, and fix any mechanical problem on motor, boat, or trailer. Operate vessel from dock to ramp and recover. Launch vessels independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Testing the performance of marine engines and electrical systems.
- Carrying out services and minor repairs on outboard, inboard, and ship engines.
- Conducting plumbing and intake repairs.
- Troubleshooting engine and electrical problems.
- Replacing broken or worn-out engine parts.
- Repairing faulty hydraulic and steering systems.
- Conducting electrical AC system maintenance.
- Completing service records and repair documents.
- Diagnose problems with electrical systems.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Three (3) years of experience in repairing outboard motors, launching vessels, boating operations.
- Yamaha and Mercury Certified (Required)
- Knowledge of marine engine and electrical auxiliary systems.
- Knowledge of outboard marine engines
- Knowledge of marine hydraulic systems and related parts.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to lift equipment and work in confined spaces.
- Knowledge of boat steering systems.
Competitive Employee Benefits
- Medical Insurance - BCBS of Alabama
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Short term
- Long term