Mattiola Services, LLC, a partner of H&K Group, Inc. is looking for an experienced Shop Mechanic. This self-motivated, organized, competent, and professional individual repairs and maintains diesel and gasoline heavy equipment and trucks.
Why work for Mattiola Services, LLC?
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying employees for approved programs
- Additional training programs including on the job, online through H&K Academy, manufacturer offered training, and more
- Perform all work adhering to OSHA/MSHA and H&K Safety policies
- Reviews job order and observes and listens to equipment operation to determine malfunction and plan work procedures
- Identifies parts for repairs or replacement for all systems on equipment when needed
- Examines protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on equipment and makes adjustments
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction and to confirm that it meets manufacturer's specifications
- Overhauls gas or diesel engines
- Performs diagnostics through the use of computers
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (such as the GED) from an accredited educational institution
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems, and use of mechanics hand tools
- Class A or B CDL or ability to obtain within one year
- Clean driving record
- State Inspection License
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as relevant to job)
Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- One-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school in diesel mechanics or a related field
- State Inspection license
- Experience working in heavy civil construction, road construction, or quarries
- OSHA, MSHA, or other relevant safety certifications
- Frequently required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, feel, and grasp
- Stoop, crouch, kneel
- Occasionally required to:
- Stand, walk, sit
- Talk or hear
- Climb, balance, crawl
- Lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Regularly exposed to:
- Moving mechanical parts
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Required to work outdoors in all environments at times
- Hours regularly exceed 40/week and 8/day
- Noise level is loud at times
Mattiola provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for 50 years.
The H&K Group, Inc. provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency, and value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has been growing and prospering for over 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that H&K’s strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
100% Company-Paid Health Benefits!
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Kmj8Y6faYlzlWtgmrIXJaq