JOB TITLE: Software Integration Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Embedded Systems
LOCATION: HQ, Gilbert, AZ
SUMMARY: The Software Integration Engineer will work with other members of Innovation to
discover, develop and implement integration of CAN, Flexray and other automotive networks
and their parameters in ZEVX products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Generate system level requirements for various vehicle subsystems (including process diagrams). These system level requirements will be translated into algorithm design and subsequent software solution development.
- Provide project timing, while supporting testing for appropriate projects.
- Provide support on supplier design issues, problem resolutions, engineering evaluations, data analysis, engineering changes, and component timing.
- Provide engineering assistance to field engineers and service technicians.
- Assist in the development of operation and service manuals.
- Travel to assist in testing such as hot weather and cold weather testing.
- Reverse engineer OEM CAN data presentation(s), resulting in a complete target vehicle dbc file
- Maintain library of vehicle(s) dbc files.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- A relevant degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related subjects.
- Previous experience with various CAN protocols - J1939, CAN Open, and proprietary CAN protocols. Also use of various CAN related tools such as RAPTOR, MOTOTUNE, ETAS/INCA, ATIVISION etc.
- Ability to execute projects with internal and external partners
- A capacity to listen, learn and implement requirements into practical applications
- Demonstrate follow-through in completing tasks
- At least 4 years of experience in the automotive industry and two years of experience in EV vehicles preferred.
- Ability to think creatively and to present customised solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multi-discipline teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Other skills required: Disciplined, organized, excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge on electrical motors, different HV battery types, energy conservation, inverters, systems control and regenerative braking
- Understanding of vehicle build and serviceability requirements
- Experience in software versioning control.
- Domain knowledge of electric vehicle mobility solutions to include data analytics and performance optimization.
- A thorough knowledge of Matlab and Simulink.
- Record of success in contribution to distributed team projects.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
- Occasionally required to walk
- Occasionally required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up than 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Color vision
- Additional remarks regarding work environment:
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used
About ZEVX Inc.
ZEVX is an Arizona based Company with deep engineering roots that strives to be the worldwide leader in electrification for light and medium duty fleet vehicles. ZEVXs proprietary powertrain (batteries and drive motor) configuration and rapid conversion turnaround of existing fleet vehicles will accelerate EV adoption globally and provide customers the support infrastructure, fleet management services and knowledge they need to transform their fleet and quickly meet sustainability goals. ZEVX’s primary mission is to enable EV participation across the existing automotive and mobility ecosystem and support fleets through their electrification journey while scaling through democratized partnerships and making the ‘dream’ of EV accessible to all. For more information, visit .
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.