Ensures the completion of all maintenance and repairs of military housing; leads a team of maintenance technicians and administrative assistants
- Manages and directs all maintenance technicians and administrative assistants in performing repairs and preventive maintenance on military housing units, including structure, appliances, HVAC, plumbing, and other household repairs
- Works with supervisors to manage workload and ensure proper prioritization of work orders, preventative maintenance, and comm processes; follows up on assignments given to team members by the supervisors and service center coordinators
- Responds to customer concerns in a professional and responsive manner; provides direction to the service center coordinator for follow-up and updates on work to be done
- Verifies completion of assigned tasks to meet work order metrics
- Performs inspections of completed work to ensure safety and compliance with company and Air Force standards
- Performs pre-moveout walk with residents to identify and assist residents with understanding moveout policies and liabilities; identifies any major potential deficiencies
- Conducts spot checks during the change of occupancy maintenance (COM) process
- Monitors satisfaction surveys and provides customer service responses to those surveys
- Ensures all maintenance personnel are in compliance with company policies and SOPs; makes recommendations for changes or additions to standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Oversees bidding and selection of the contractors for the COM process, pest control, landscaping, waste management, pool maintenance, as well as other contracted work; conducts contractor and vendor quality reviews
- Supports Operations Director with vendor management; sources vendors develop and issues Requests for Proposals (RFPs); ensure vendors are accountable to Property Management Service Agreements (PMSAs)
- Reviews service request reports daily to monitor the timeliness and metric completion
- Keeps maintenance logs; provides weekly/monthly/quarterly and annual reports to Operations Director and corporate leadership
- Provides budget numbers and projections for anticipated maintenance requirements monthly, quarterly, and annually
- Conducts daily and weekly team meetings; provides cross-functional, developmental, and safety training
- Monitors equipment and supplies inventories; approves all orders for stocking, replacement, and repairs
- Ensures a safe environment and provides all personal protective equipment (PPE) to maintenance team members
- Ensures employee members complete tasks in accordance with OSHA and EPA compliance standards
- Responds to emergency situations; available on a 24/7 basis to maintenance team members during on-call situations
- Obtains and maintains OSHA-10 certification and EPA levels 1, 2, and 3 licenses, as well as playground inspection certifications as needed
- This position is deemed Key & Essential and, as such, may be required to work onsite beforehand, during, and after any accident, emergency, or disaster in order to best protect and care for our residents and assets
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Supervises staff, including hiring, scheduling, and assigning work, reviewing performance, and recommends salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or terminations.
- EDUCATION REQUIREMENT – High school graduate or GED; some vocational/technical school training preferred in maintenance, construction, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in property management or hospitality maintenance, with increasing roles of responsibility
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with all aspects of residential maintenance, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, construction, landscaping, pest control, etc.
- Ability to obtain OSHA-10 certification, playground inspection certification, and EPA levels 1, 2, and 3 licenses[RP1]
- Familiarity with property management software, such as RealPage, Yardi, etc.
- Familiarity with service request automated software systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Customer service mindset: ability to communicate with tenants in addressing maintenance concerns in a professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with fellow employees and customers; comfortable working and communicating with employees at all levels
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of team environment; experience in a leadership role; ability to manage employees in a remote setting
- Valid driver’s license; must be able to meet a Motor Vehicle Review in accordance with Company policy
- Good organizational skills; solid decision-making skills
- Able to be available 24/7 to respond to customer emergencies and/or on-call employee issues
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting with oversight of housing maintenance activities on an installation. When visiting residences, particularly construction/renovation sites, may require the use of Personal Protective Equipment. May involve exposure to industrial hazards, including heat, cold, climate conditions, and hazardous environments associated with maintenance/construction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods and the use of hands/fingers is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges are helpful for normal conversations, receiving ordinary information, and preparing or inspecting documents.
Ability to travel around the facility regularly. The ability to traverse maintained sites may include walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, crawling, crouching, kneeling, and balancing. May occasionally require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Management of stress associated with the leadership of a maintenance team, meeting and reporting deadlines, accountability, and accuracy.
Less than 5 percent
Please note this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Additional job-related duties may be assigned. Mayroad reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary with or without notice.
EEO Commitment: We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, including transgender identity, religion, disability, age, genetics, active military or veteran status and any other characteristics protected under applicable federal or state law.