JOB TITLE: EV Systems Technician (Tech Writer / Trainer)
DEPARTMENT: Services and Support
REPORTS TO: SVP, Services and Support
LOCATION: HQ, Gilbert, AZ
SUMMARY: The Tech Writer / Trainer role is a specialist assignment for a qualified ZEVX EV Systems Technician.
In lieu of standard EV System Technical responsibilities, this individual is responsible for specialized tasks in technical writing, technical training, and instructional design/development with a target audience of the technical staff within our ZEVX Field Service Team and within Authorized Services Provider network.
TRAVEL: Up to 25% per month to conduct training at ASP locations and audit the quality of our installation work instructions and troubleshooting / diagnostic guides.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates, develops, plans, writes, and edits operational, instructional, maintenance, or procedures for paper, multimedia, or web-based publication to include installation work instructions and troubleshooting / diagnostic guides and other related documentation.
- Develops, organizes, and delivers technical training programs, related materials and/or interactive courseware for training of ZEVX and ASP staff.
- Researches and translates technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for non-technical and technical users.
- May document field support processes and specifications.
- Recommends formats that are responsive to partner requirements.
- Researches, organizes, writes, edits, and produces original technical documentation such as Service Bulletins, etc.
- Plans, designs, implements, and maintains computer/web-based training modules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This is initially an Individual Contributor role. When or if we develop ASP training into a paid Professional Services engagement and begin to scale this service, this individual may be called upon to recruit, train, and manage junior level Tech Writers / Trainers.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA) from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have strong technical ability on automotive service and repair; preferably related to commercial fleet services.
- Knowledge of existing and emerging service trends in the Electric Vehicle & Fleet Service market.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work harmoniously in a team environment with technical staff and partner organizations.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation of using MS Word, Excel, Adobe, and other publications tools.
- Knowledge and experience with industry leading Digital Work Instruction solutions.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Solutions Orientation - Strong consultation and customer interaction skills, able to articulate technical information to non-technical audience.
About ZEVx Inc.
Zero Electric Vehicles (ZEVx) is an Arizona based Company with deep engineering roots that strives to be the worldwide leader in electrification for light and medium duty fleet vehicles. ZEVx’s proprietary powertrain (batteries and drive motor) configuration and rapid conversion turnaround of existing fleet vehicles will accelerate EV adoption globally and provide customers the support infrastructure, fleet management services and knowledge they need to transform their fleet and quickly meet sustainability goals. ZEVx’s primary mission is to enable EV participation across the existing automotive and mobility ecosystem and support fleets through their electrification journey while scaling through democratized partnerships and making the ‘dream’ of EV accessible to all. For more information, visit .