This position manages the second shift operation. This is located in Buffalo NY
Manages daily fleet operations that include implementing work plans based on annual goals and the strategic plan; resolves fleet maintenance issues; and achieves goals while ensuring resources are utilized appropriately and safely. Leads technicians in performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis, repair, and overhaul of a wide variety of diesel and CNG vehicles.
The Fleet Maintenance Supervisor uses excellent communication, organization, and multitasking skills to engage diesel technicians, maintain good morale among the team, and keep customers happy. They play an integral role in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of vehicle maintenance technicians to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations.
This is a 2nd shift position; the approximate hours are 2pm-11pm but will vary depending on business need.
- Tracks and monitors maintenance trends. Identifies patterns and initiates corrective actions, utilizes benchmarking and revises procedures to improve effectiveness and eliminate deficiencies. Prepares and presents data to management team.
- Ensures staff is sufficiently knowledgeable and dynamic regarding service protocols and performance expectations.
- Coaches, mentors, and challenges staff. Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Leads staff development initiatives that include training, development, and succession planning. Establishes performance expectations and standards for section’s employees to achieve or exceed performance metrics and to prepare employees for the future.
- Maintain communication across shifts, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Requires collaboration with Collection Operations, Post Collections, Sales and Procurement to ensure equipment availability, internal and external satisfaction. Supports initiatives as identified by the Director of Maintenance and Senior Leadership.
- Monitor operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities appropriately.
- Conduct quality control inspections, track issues and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company’s safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations.
- Oversee repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provide coaching, where necessary; may be required to road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Oversee maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget. Review and approve expenses that are within scope of approval level; refer larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate.
- Monitor and update maintenance back log and out of service list.
- Document, track and follow up on door traffic and road calls.
- Coordinate with Driver Supervisors to ensure equipment that is unsafe is removed from service.
- Manage turnaround times for truck maintenance to ensure the required number of vehicles are available to complete daily routes.
- Ensure maintenance work is done in a timely and safe manner, allowing trucks to perform efficiently in the community.
- Document and maintain records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation.
- Ensure all misuse, abuse and accidents are documented for root cause analysis and accountability.
- Coordinate with other supervisors to cover Saturdays and holidays.
- Understand, provide leadership, and communicate safety goals and objectives.
- Orient, train and coach all staff on safety requirements, ensure safety compliance, and take appropriate action to address safety violations.
- Establish and maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with company and OSHA standards and perform monthly Safety Inspections, as assigned.
- If an incident occurs, including a near miss, complete documentation, conduct and investigation/root cause analysis and address performance/discipline issues.
- Measure, manage, and minimize number of OSHA recordable injuries, Total Recordable Injury Rate (TRIR), DOT violations, and overall incidents
- Build and develop talent on the team, understand employees’ career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement with the Company.
- Supervise and manage performance; ensure tasks are appropriately delegated and completed by monitoring performance and holding employees accountable for meeting expectations.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to staff, deliver corrective action and discipline when necessary, and document all performance issues.
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and legal regulations, engage HR when appropriate.
- Manage conflict and crisis; proactively anticipate, manage and constructively resolve conflicts and disagreements.
- Hold regular team meetings (i.e. daily, weekly huddle meetings) to communicate priorities, safety, policies, company events, etc.
- Monitor employee time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that employees do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Ability to interface effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal communication skills both one-on-one and in speaking before a group.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all company divisions in a way that promotes supervisory success as well as overall company success.
- Strength in initiative-taking, and a demonstrated track record in proactively identifying improvement opportunities and acting upon them.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks demanding of immediate attention, and to juggle multiple, on-going, concurrent responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently and maximize productivity.
- Commitment to integrity and ethical behavior and the proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competency in the following computer programs: MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
Modern Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.