VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS
Rush, a local family-owned logistics business, is looking for an experienced Vice President Of Operations (VP of OPS) to oversee our growing organization's ongoing operations and procedures. This position serves as the second-in-command and is responsible for the efficiency of Rush's business operations.
The VP of OPS is a key member of the senior management team and reports directly to the President/CEO of Rush. You must maintain control of diverse business operations, so with your experience and talents, we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. The VP of OPS is required to also have phenomenal people skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethics. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.
- Develop actionable business strategies and plans that ensure alignment with short-term and long-term objectives developed in tandem with the President/CEO
- Aggressively manage expenses to ensure the company achieves investor targets relative to growth and profitability
- Translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth helping to implement organization-wide goal setting, performance management, and annual operating plan
- Using a hands-on approach, oversee company operations and employee productivity, building a highly inclusive culture ensuring team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met
- Utilize a customer-oriented focus, addressing changes or system failures in a timely manner, working collaboratively with other departments to ensure the customer's needs are the top priority, identifying root cause issues and developing corrective actions to mitigate future concerns
- Drive accountability to fiscal and operational results and associated KPI's
- Champion and implement improved processes and technologies and collaborate with management regarding the implementation of these improvements.
- Evaluate and determine staffing levels in all areas of responsibility, participate in the hiring processes with HR as needed for operational effectiveness
- Adhere to company, federal, state, and local business requirements, enforcing compliance and acting when necessary
- Acts as an advocate for Rush's safety culture
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Education/Experience minimum requirements: High School or GED with 7+ years of management experience leading transportation, logistics, or supply chain operations
- Preferred education: bachelor's degree in Transportation/Supply Chain, Business Administration, or other industry-related field
- Experience in global logistics, courier/expediting, or supply chain operations required
- Experience in warehouse operations
- Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory issues (including FMSCA & DOT)
- Experience implementing and analyzing the use of data and performance metrics
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into potential issues
- Outstanding communication skills including verbal and written, and experience working with staff on all levels
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Company Provided $15,000 Life Insurance + Optional Additional Life & AD&D
- Robust 401(k) Matching
- Free MDLive Teledoc Services
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Corporate Vehicle Allowance and Cell Phone
- Typically, 1st Shift, Monday â?? Friday *
- Hours may exceed 40 per workweek and may include occasional evenings and weekends
*will need to flex shifts during training & periodically to understand all aspects of the business and stay in touch with operations.
Rush Transportation & Logistics is a 2nd generation family-owned business founded in 1981 with our headquarters located in Dayton, Ohio. Today, Rush has proudly been serving Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus, and other surrounding areas with our fleet of over 250 vehicles on the road. We make around 1,500 deliveries a day for customers in all types of industries. If you are looking to work for a leading expediting company that treats the employees RIGHT, look no further and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.