Next Gen Requirements Engineer
KBR, in support of our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team, has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer focused on requirements development and management activities across the Space Sensing Enterprise. Candidate will provide SE&I support to MW (Missile Warning) and EM (Environmental Monitoring) programs, including space and ground systems in support of the Space Systems Command Space Sensing Directorate (SSC/SN). Candidate will support requirements development and management activities to include requirements analysis, allocations, traceability analysis, change impact analysis, technical baseline development, and requirement verification planning. Candidate should have experience with space and ground systems (especially at SSC), system acquisition, and systems engineering lifecycle. This position is located in El Segundo, California.
Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring effective requirements development and allocation across enterprise, space and ground segments
- Developing the technical baseline, including system specification, interface requirement, and Verification method definition
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements and interfaces are consistent and valid across the SSC/SN Enterprise
- Maintaining and managing multiple system requirements, and integrated Enterprise baselines following CM/DM processes
- Developing, documenting, executing, integrating and evolving systems engineering processes as required to enable effective SSC/SN systems engineering and integration efforts
- Assessing proposed baseline changes for impacts to requirements and verification.
- Integrating activities over the lifecycle of systems within the Enterprise including pre-contractual, development and production, as well as operations and sustainment
- Supporting the customer with verification tracking to ensure the developer and source requirements are adequately verified
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation in support of SSC/SN decision making
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other support contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Space Force
- Baccalaureate degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and fourteen (14) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience or Master’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and twelve (12) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Experience in working with Requirement Management and Model Based Systems Engineering tools and requirements databases
- Strong understanding of fundamental requirements development and management processes
- Demonstrated experience working with U.S. Space Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with Space systems (especially at SSC), Weather systems, OPIR systems, and ground and space system acquisition
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment
- Possesses understanding of DOORS capabilities, DXL, and potential implementations
- Master’s Degree
- Direct experience with DoD and/or NRO Space and Ground systems
- Direct experience with SBIRS and/or Next Generation OPIR System
- Active TS/SCI clearance
Salary range is 160K - 190K.
The offered rate will be based on the selected candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience and in consideration of internal parity.
KBR may offer bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives, long term incentives, or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.