Next Gen Systems Engineer
KBR, in support of our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team, has an immediate need for a systems engineer with mission experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based and ground systems including Command & Control and Enterprise Ground Services. Candidate will provide systems engineering development and integration expertise in support of the Space Systems Command (SSC) MW and Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) programs. Candidate will be part of a team responsible for the planning and execution of end-to-end test & verification support to ensure proper sell-off of requirements as well as on-time delivery of capability to the warfighter. This position is located in El Segundo, California.
- Provide Systems Engineering expertise as part of a world-class Engineering and Integration team
- Develop operational concepts, requirements, and architectural designs; evolve system architectures, conduct and analyze requirements flow down, propose verification methodologies mitigation approaches.
- Conduct model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and modeling, simulation and analysis as needed
- Conduct and maintain Configuration Management of the program technical baseline
- Conduct mission analysis to define technical requirements and interfaces, provide analysis of alternatives, guide development, evaluate expected performance against requirements and mission needs, and support calibration activities
- Lead program milestone readiness reviews to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders including senior executive officials, military officers, development contractors, and end users
- Conduct risk management processes and methods for identifying and adjudicating program risk; Conduct analysis to identify program risk areas and recommend/implement
- Develop briefings and assessments to a variety of audiences, and must be able to convey information in a clear and articulate manner to Government leadership
- Baccalaureate degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and five (5) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience or Master’s degree in an engineering, mathematics, physics or equivalent technical discipline and three (3) years of systems integration and systems engineering related or equivalent experience
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to upgrade
- Experience in systems integration and systems engineering
- Relevant DoD space system experience
- Experience leading combined hardware and software integration activities
- Experience using model based system engineering concepts
- Experience with systems development & integration throughout the lifecycle
- Experience with space-ground systems architectures and lifecycle support
- Experience in leading contractor/industry teams
Desired Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Masters of Science in engineering, science or related technical field
- Experience in large Government systems acquisition
- Thorough understanding of OPIR space & ground systems, including Missile Warning systems design, integration and test
- Active TS or TS/SCI Clearance
Salary range is 110K - 125K.
The offered rate will be based on the selected candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities and/or experience and in consideration of internal parity.
KBR may offer bonuses, commissions, or other forms of compensation to certain job titles or levels, per internal policy or contractual designation. Additional compensation may be in the form of sign on bonus, relocation benefits, short term incentives, long term incentives, or discretionary payments for exceptional performance.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.